ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Mouse follow option - idea

<< < (2/3) > >>

dluby:
I did some testing and I have the active windows on both monitors set to maximum and both monitors have the same resolution of 1280x1024

With Shift Print Screen set to grab active window ().  The results are:

Monitor number 1 captured an image size of 1288 x 1004 (and it had a little from the right monitor) and this monitor has the start bar but it is grabbing an extra 8 pixels.
Monitor number 2 captured an image size of 1280 x 1024 (and it had a little from the right monitor)

With Alt Print Screen set to grab current screen, the results are:

Monitor number 1 captured an image size of 1280 x 1024 with no excess for the right monitor
Monitor number 2 captured an image size of 1280 x 1024 (and it had a little from the right monitor)

Another observation: If I leave SSC open, it minimises (I have it set to minimise after capture) but I would have liked to see it stay open.

mouser:
right, ok to summarize your results, if i understand them -- the larger "incorrect" capture happens not when you grab the current screen but when you capture the active window and it happens to be maximized.  i think that's something to do with applications that are maximized reporting larger-than-monitor sizes when maximized.  i could add an option to try to correct that..

Another observation: If I leave SSC open, it minimises (I have it set to minimise after capture) but I would have liked to see it stay open.
--- End quote ---

im not sure i understand -- you have chosen the option to minimize after capture but you want it to stay open.. then why not choose the option to not-minimize after capture? :)

or do you mean it always minimized BEFORE performing a capture and you don't want it to do that?

dluby:
Sorry for the confusion  :-[

I have SSC configured to minimise after a capture. However, if I already have SSC open and I capture another screenshot, I thought it would remain open but instead it gets minimised.

So for instance, on monitor 1 I have SSC open and I take a screen shot on monitor 2, the screen is captured but SSC is minimised (note I can't confirm this for certain as I only have dual monitor in work and not at home where I am writing this).

mouser:
I have SSC configured to minimise after a capture. However, if I already have SSC open and I capture another screenshot, I thought it would remain open but instead it gets minimised.
--- End quote ---

that's a bug -- it should leave sc back on the screen and visible if it was visible at the time of capture. 

can you download the latest version i've uploaded and see if it fixes the problem.

Note: by default SC is still configured to minimize before each capture (and should now be restored after if it was visible at time of capture).  If you want to make it so SC is left alone and doesn't minimize before a capture, that is an option on the "Capture" tab.

dluby:
Using capture active window (with the window maximised) on monitor 1, it stills captures a few extra pixels on the right but it doesn't bother as I can crop it.

If I leave SSC open and active on one monitor and capture a screen from the other monitor, SSC gets minimised for a very short period of time and then gets restored to its previous state - I can live with that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version