ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Mouse follow option - idea

(1/3) > >>

fenixproductions:
I am working on multi-monitor configuration daily and I thought about small option called mouse follow.

Using it would mean that every screen capture would only take pictures for the screen where mouse is at (for me most of the screenshots done with PrtScr hit would give Monitor #2 only).
I understand that if I have both devices combined I can what I need but it is troublesome sometimes.

It would also be great to have fixed selection rectangle to follow this option too.
Every shortcut hit could give an image with already specified width and height for which the mouse is in the centre of it.

mouser:
Using it would mean that every screen capture would only take pictures for the screen where mouse is at
--- End quote ---

um... doesn't SC already work like this?
it does for me -- this is exactly how "capture screen" works on multimon setups.

fenixproductions:
@mouser
For the first par you're right. I am sorry but I missed difference between entire workspace and screen.

But for second - it is little different.
What would I expect is not to have fixed sized rectangle which is like an overlay but rather automatic shot instead.

Currently:
- navigate somewhere and hit fixed shortcut,
- overlay rectangle appears with mouse in top left corner,
- you need to click and screenshot is done.
And it doesn't work nice with timed capture and applications menus.

What I would like to get:
- navigate somewhere,
- hit shortcut,
- screenshot done - rectangle with centre at mouse position.

--
On the other hand: it would be also nice to have little more options for interface visibility:
-  mouse follow - allow SC editor GUI to be always shown on one (specified) monitor,
- w/o mouse follow - respect settings and i.e. have it always minimized.

I am just thinking how SC could be even easier to use for my 2 monitors…

dluby:
I just tried a screen capture on my second monitor and I noticed that on the left hand side there are around 7 pixels from the first monitor.  Similarly if I capture the first monitor it has a few pixels from the left screen.

Maybe this is a limitation of multi-monitor setups and is already a know issue (this is using version SSC 4.0 RC)?

mouser:
I just tried a screen capture on my second monitor and I noticed that on the left hand side there are around 7 pixels from the first monitor.  Similarly if I capture the first monitor it has a few pixels from the left screen.
--- End quote ---

are you doing a "screen" capture, or an active window capture of a maximized window?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version