ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Older Newsletters

Audio Podcast Radio Show - Show #1 - April 30, 2006

<< < (5/5)

superboyac:
Ha!  Wow, I've never been accused of having an accent in my life!  However, let me give my background:  I'm Armenian, but I was born and raised in Southern California, and have never set foot out of this country unless you count a cruise in Florida and a week vacation at Niagara Falls.  The only time in my life I've been accused of having any sort of accent is in 8th grade when people got on my case for saying "tangerine" like "tayne-gerine".  Go figure.

I'm listening to my podcast, and I can maybe sense a slight Southern touch to my speech.  Maybe it has something to do with being self-conscious about talking to myself.  I probably sound different when I have a live audience.

A friend of mine sometimes makes fun of the way I talk sometimes, just to piss me off.  But he just makes me sound like an over-exagerrated Goofy than whines a lot (partly because I complain about a lot of things, as you guys know/will know).

Oh well, that's how it goes.

mouser:
in case it wasn't clear - i wasn't implying any negative connotation, i quite like the accent. i was just remarking as an East-coast person (new york), you had a subtle accent that i couldn't quite place. doesn't sound southern to me.  perhaps it is your own unique invented accent :)

superboyac:
It's clear, trust me.  :Thmbsup:

Well, I definitely don't have an east-coast accent.  And I don't have the typical surferboy accent that a lot of people have here.  You're probably right, it's just my own thing.  Some of my cousins have an Armenian accent, but they grew up in parts of Los Angeles that have Armenians everywhere.  I grew up away from all that, mostly whites and asians around.

Maybe I'll do my next podcast in a mock surferboy accent.  No offense to surferboys, but I turned on my local cable channel last night, and they were interviewing the swim team members from my high school (of which I was a member of ), and they were all these whiteboys and all spoke with the same annoying surferboy accent.  When I was on the team, at least there were almost 30% asian guys on the team also, and I was the only middle-eastern dude.  Now, it's all white.  I don't get it.

tinyvillager:
I'm late to chime in but...

That was actually pretty good,it's definitely got an Ira Glass,This American life thing going for it,which is
a good format,very professional. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version