ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Seeking Little App w/Specific Actions

(1/4) > >>

siouxdax:
Hello all:
I'm looking for a neat little app to sit in my tray that will allow me to move a window from monitor to monitor, and also to minimize a window to the system tray.

Already UltraMon moves my windows from monitor to monitor via hotkeys. To minimize a window/app to the tray I use DM2 (https://sourceforge.net/projects/dm2/), and lately been crashing for no reason (I've seen on SourceForge that I'm not the only one with that issue).

So does anyone know of an app that does at least those two little things? Other tweaky options are nice and all, but those two are my essentials! BTW I tried Actual Windows Manager, and it's a nightmare of options. I think it may be too much for me.

joiwind:
Have a look at WindowsPager which I use constantly.
It sits on the taskbar not in the tray but may fit the bill :

Features:

* virtual desktops, workspaces for Windows Vista/7/XP/2000
    * arrange your running applications on different desktops to improve overview
    * integration into the panel
    * several patterns possible
    * 64 bit support
    * move windows between desktops by drag 'n drop or by using the window menu
    * optional keyboard shortcuts for switching the desktop
    * set a window "sticky": always visible
    * "Mini-Windows" give an overview from each desktop
    * support for "Flashing-Windows" (notify for new messages in Mirc for example)
    * keep a window above all others by selecting "Keep on top" from the window menu
    * drag `n drop between desktops
    * dual/multi monitor support
    * no administrator rights necessary
    * no installation
    * safe: automatic window restore even on crash by use of two separate processes.

dr_andus:
WinSplit Revolution can do both with hotkeys (well, minimise, though probably not to the system tray).

app103:
I don't have a multi-monitor setup, so I don't know anything about utilities to move a window from one to the other, but as far as stashing an app's window in the tray, I use PS Tray Factory for that.

cranioscopical:
You could try out Actual Window Manager or Actual Multiple Monitors at www.actualtools.com.

I'm not affilated with them but I use and like AWM and the author is responsive.

Luck!

C

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version