ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor - Error allocating handle: #1 - Network Path Error?

(1/3) > >>

AlexCrezoff:
After I set screenshots storage folder to a network path (or just even to a network disk; path is writable) I get an error
---------------------------
Screenshot Captor
Error allocating handle: #1.
Ok  
when I open main window (with screenshots list)

Error is observed on v3.8.1 portable and v3.24.1 portable

mouser:
Hi Alex.

Can you or anyone else shed any more clues on this, like:

* Is this a problem that has always existed in Screenshot Captor, or only recently?
* Has anyone else used network paths successfully with Screenshot Captor?

AlexCrezoff:
Addition to the error description:
The error is also was observed on v3.0.0
OS is Windows 7

>>Is this a problem that has always existed in Screenshot Captor, or only recently?
I cannot say exactly, I've found this error today when I tried to use a network path on version 3.0.0. Then I upgraded to a stable 3.8.1. After the error observation I've tried beta v3.25.1. With no success. After that I've posted this topic

>>Has anyone else used network paths successfully with Screenshot Captor?
I have no such mates, who are using ScreenshotCaptor )))
I can try to reproduce the error later on my home computer on a virtual machine with WinXP.

mouser:
It's sort of strange that this hasn't been reported before, but then I wouldn't be too surprised if no one is trying to save to a network path -- or is using a drive letter mapping to do so.

I may have to send you a debug version if you're willing to test, to see if we can't identify where exactly in the program things might be going wrong..

But it would be nice to first get some confirmation that this error/problem is something that happens for any attempt to use a network path, and not just something about your setup that is causing the problem.

I expect that it's some part of my code that is assuming a path should be to a real drive letter, or else some function call checking for the existence of a file, etc.  BUT I believe that the program should be able to handle network paths for the screenshot directory if i can identify the culprit code causing it to choke.

Anyone else tried to use a network path as their screenshot directory?

Ath:
Anyone else tried to use a network path as their screenshot directory?
-mouser (March 11, 2013, 06:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm saving screenshots in my home directory mapped on the network, here at work, and it has worked ever since 2.x, and upto the the latest beta, installed this morning :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version