ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What does your avatar say about you?

<< < (3/3)

xtabber:
Herman Hollerith invented the punch card in 1888 to allow mechanical tabulation of the 1890 US Census.  The company he founded became the nucleus of IBM several decades later.

In 1906, Hollerith devised a wiring panel system that allowed one machine to be used to tabulate many different jobs. This was not the first example of programming (see, e.g., the Jacquard loom or Charles Babbage), but it was arguably the origin of modern information processing.

I came along a few years later and stole his avatar.

pilgrim:
TaoPhoenixYou know you embedded several cute jokes in there Pilgrim!
--- End quote ---

Cute? CUTE!
I think that's the first time that word has ever been used in my direction for any reason.

app103I think mine explains itself. ;D
--- End quote ---

One of the things that has long fascinated me is animated GIF's, I keep intending to have a go myself.

JoshThat I enjoy annoying people!
--- End quote ---

Surely not?

TuxmanI like puns.
--- End quote ---

The first time I saw that I was reminded of something that used to appear as graffiti when I was a kid:
"Jesus saves, he's with the Woolwich".

xtabberI came along a few years later and stole his avatar.
--- End quote ---

Good job it wasn't Apple or MS, they would have sued for copyright enfringement by now.

Edvard:
That I'm a freekin' toy robot, out for a stroll in the grass, what else?

I've wondered lately about changing it, though.  Maybe to keep with the robot theme, but with a beachy twist:

BTW - Source for my avatar: http://www.flickr.com/photos/microcosmos/1265783338/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version