ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Glasses BANNED!

<< < (7/7)

Renegade:
A wise old college professor of mine once said that when people demand new laws, it's invariably with the intent of regulating somebody else's actions or beliefs. Never their own. Because rules are for other people.
-40hz (March 12, 2013, 07:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

The most dangerous people are the ones that KNOW what right/wrong is and what you *should* and *shouldn't* do. They're invariably out to save the world because nobody else is capable of running their own life without "guidance".

40hz:
A wise old college professor of mine once said that when people demand new laws, it's invariably with the intent of regulating somebody else's actions or beliefs. Never their own. Because rules are for other people.
-40hz (March 12, 2013, 07:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1

The most dangerous people are the ones that KNOW what right/wrong is and what you *should* and *shouldn't* do. They're invariably out to save the world because nobody else is capable of running their own life without "guidance".
-Renegade (March 12, 2013, 07:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yup. They're called members of the government and clergy. ;D

:tellme: :tellme: :tellme:beep-beep-beep***basement alert***beep-beep-beep :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:

wraith808:
:tellme: :tellme: :tellme:beep-beep-beep***basement alert***beep-beep-beep :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:
-40hz (March 12, 2013, 04:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

I think I pushed the wrong button...  ;D

Renegade:
Queue laughter! ;D

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57574607-93/google-glass-the-opposition-grows/

Google Glass: The opposition grows

"Stop The Cyborgs" is a new site that attempts to bring a balanced trepidation to the unbalanced idea that we'll all be walking round with Google's outer brain strapped to our faces.

The opposition will congregate in dark corners.

They will whisper with their mouths, while their eyes will scan the room for spies wearing strange spectacles.

The spies will likely be men. How many women would really like to waft down the street wearing Google Glass?

It won't be easy. Once you've been cybernated, there's no turning back. Which is why the refuseniks are already meeting in shaded corners of the Web.

One site is called "Stop The Cyborgs." It claims to be "fighting the algorithmic future one bit at a time."

A sticker being offered on the "Stop The Cyborgs" Web site.

It's going to take a lot of bitty fighting, but the people behind this site -- they're naturally anonymous, in an attempt to stop Google spying on them -- say they're fighting  Google Glass in particular.

They say that it will herald a world in which "privacy is impossible and corporate control total."
--- End quote ---

Seems there is more resistance than ever.

wraith808:
Don’t ban me, bro: paranoia reigns in preemptive Glass bans

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version