ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Google Glasses BANNED!

<< < (4/7) > >>

cschw:
So, for the person that owns that bar, I'd say he's well within reasonable expectations about what he allows inside of his bar.

I wouldn't say the same for a TGI Fridays though as that's a corporate entity and doesn't have human rights like you or I do.
-Renegade (March 10, 2013, 09:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

So...if Dave Meinert owns the 5 Points Cafe as a sole proprietor, then he has standing to ban things in his establishment?

What if he has the 5 Points Cafe organized as an LLC (limited liability corporation)...or what if its a partnership--or a limited partnership?  At what point along the spectrum of legally-recognized business entities is the right to ban things gained or lost?   :)

Renegade:
So, for the person that owns that bar, I'd say he's well within reasonable expectations about what he allows inside of his bar.

I wouldn't say the same for a TGI Fridays though as that's a corporate entity and doesn't have human rights like you or I do.
-Renegade (March 10, 2013, 09:06 PM)
--- End quote ---

So...if Dave Meinert owns the 5 Points Cafe as a sole proprietor, then he has standing to ban things in his establishment?

What if he has the 5 Points Cafe organized as an LLC (limited liability corporation)...or what if its a partnership--or a limited partnership?  At what point along the spectrum of legally-recognized business entities is the right to ban things gained or lost?   :)
-cschw (March 10, 2013, 10:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

When shrugging off personal responsibility, rights are similarly shrugged off. Why should corporate legal fictions be different? Because they have enough money to purchase whatever legislation they want? I'll leave it at that and let people paint in whatever shades of grey they find most appealing. :D

wraith808:
Please allow wraith to introduce himself, he's a man of wealth and taste~!
-Renegade (March 10, 2013, 10:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Glad someone chimed in with that ;D

cschw:
Mr. Meinert has an interest in several Seattle businesses--at least two of which are limited liability corporations.  However, it's not clear to me whether he's avoided enough personal responsibility to forfeit his right to ban Google Glasses at the 5 Points Cafe.  Just not sure how to measure that....   :D

Renegade:
Mr. Meinert has an interest in several Seattle businesses--at least two of which are limited liability corporations.  However, it's not clear to me whether he's avoided enough personal responsibility to forfeit his right to ban Google Glasses at the 5 Points Cafe.  Just not sure how to measure that....   :D
-cschw (March 10, 2013, 11:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Get a dart board, a piece of paper, thick magic marker, a tack, and a blindfold. That's a good start! :D (A friend to spin you around a bit is optional, but they should point you at the board to avoid any injury.) i.e. I don't have perfect answers, but I can still smell smoke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version