ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Listary 4 released - tons of new features

<< < (2/14) > >>

Jibz:
It's checked, and it runs fine if I log into the admin account, but on my normal account it does not start.

If I run it manually, I get a dialog asking for admin privileges.

TucknDar:
I have the same problem as Jibz. It does autostart, but asks for admin privileges. Probably need to contact the developer about it.

Tuxman:
I wish it just had its old clean interface back. (The one thing I like about the new Fuzzy Search feature is that I can disable it...)

Channing:
Hello everyone, developer of Listary here.

Unfortunately, it doesnt seem to work with Dopus...
-tomos (March 07, 2013, 04:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Listary won't show up automatically in DOpus, please press the hotkey Win + S (or Win + W if you upgraded from version 3) to activate it manually.

Also, it apparently needs admin privileges to run, so it doesn't start with Windows automatically anymore.
-Jibz (March 08, 2013, 12:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
I have the same problem as Jibz. It does autostart, but asks for admin privileges. Probably need to contact the developer about it.
-TucknDar (March 08, 2013, 02:45 AM)
--- End quote ---

Listary 4 needs to be run as administrator. If you're using a standard user account you created yourself, you may be out of luck. I'm working on a solution to let Listary run at startup under non-admin accounts now.

I wish it just had its old clean interface back. (The one thing I like about the new Fuzzy Search feature is that I can disable it...)
-Tuxman (March 08, 2013, 05:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

The old UI is too small to display full paths which are necessary for the new features in v4. We have to move on :)

Thanks rjbull for the post, and thanks Curt for the replies  :Thmbsup:

Tuxman:
So if we turn off the new (and annoying) "new features", we don't need an oversized GUI. An option to have a smaller font would be appreciated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version