ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Crowdfunding a life goal.

<< < (2/3) > >>

rgdot:
Thought about asking family/friends for financial help - to reach a goal - yes.
An online or public method? no don't think I have ever thought about it that way. Will be following your campaign with interest.

barney:
Know a couple-two-t'ree folk who've done similar in the brick-and-mortar world.  Worked for two (2) of 'em, dunno about the third - lost contact.  They were hesitant, of course, but their desire was stronger than their embarrassment  ;), so they asked - and received much more than they expected. "Ya never know 'til ya try," said the wise[r than me] man  :P.  (Frankly, that displayed more courage than I think I could muster - it's hard to ask for help.)

Tinman57:
  I did it the hard way, flying 3 to 5 flights a week when possible while taking ground school at the same time.  Walked away with my Private Pilots License in a little under 8 months and started leasing a Piper Warrior a couple months later.

KynloStephen66515:
  I did it the hard way, flying 3 to 5 flights a week when possible while taking ground school at the same time.  Walked away with my Private Pilots License in a little under 8 months and started leasing a Piper Warrior a couple months later.
-Tinman57 (March 08, 2013, 07:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was flying a lot, back when funds allowed, and when they ran out, I didn't fly for over a year :(

Last time I flew was last month, but only for 1 hour...that's the first time in ageeeees :(

Tinman57:
-Tinman57 (March 08, 2013, 07:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I was flying a lot, back when funds allowed, and when they ran out, I didn't fly for over a year :(

Last time I flew was last month, but only for 1 hour...that's the first time in ageeeees :(
-Stephen66515 (March 08, 2013, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I feel for ya bro.  The bad thing about flying that infrequently is it cost you more money in the longrun.  That's why I dived in (no pun intended) fully and slammed so many training flights in a short time.  It's not like riding a bicycle, you forget things, especially when it comes to handling the aircraft.  Another thing to consider is having the same instructor, I had mostly 1 instructor, but when he wasn't available I had to go with other instructors.  All of them have "their way" of doing things, pet peeves, etc.  One of them I considered just throwing out of the aircraft and claiming he committed suicide, he was such a dick.  If you stick with one, you know his ways and he knows your strengths and weaknesses.
  My FAA checkflight was 4 HOURS LONG and went into the night.  That guy drilled me like a Marine Drill Instructor.  When I finally got the aircraft docked and chocked, I was sopping wet with sweat, mentally and physically drained.  When he handed my my temp license, I was so relieved and excited, but the only thing I wanted was a shower and a bed.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version