ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Personal keylogger

<< < (11/14) > >>

4wd:
MS Defender doesn't complain about the latest version at all both on my system or via VirusTotal.
MBAM doesn't complain about it either scanning the executable or when it's running.

It doesn't send anything to the network, it doesn't cause thermonuclear meltdown, the Sun still set today, I still have to pay taxes, and (most annoyingly) it doesn't make coffee.

It can be extracted from its installer and run without having to install it.

I don't want it to be 'stealth' or anything like that or 'hidden' or 'invinsible' as it is only for me and nothing malicious.-kalos (April 19, 2018, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

It also doesn't run as 'stealth', 'hidden', or 'invisible' unless you tell it to hide the tray icon.

Do you actually try anything anyone suggests?
Or do you wait until someone has done it for you?

KynloStephen66515:
Trojan:Win32:Tiggre!Plock
-4wd (April 19, 2018, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

This ^ and the fact that a keylogger is basically always going to seem suspicious to an AV system (I'd be worried if it didn't...).

4wd:
--- End quote ---

This ^ and the fact that a keylogger is basically always going to seem suspicious to an AV system (I'd be worried if it didn't...).
-Stephen66515 (April 20, 2018, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly but it seems that most of the AV programs are either intelligent enough to know when something isn't doing something wrong until it does it or too dumb to know ... which is it?

And he specifically said MS Defender.

KynloStephen66515:
--- End quote ---

-Stephen66515 (April 20, 2018, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly but it seems that most of the AV programs are either intelligent enough to know when something isn't doing something wrong until it does it or too dumb to know ... which is it?

And he specifically said MS Defender.
-4wd (April 20, 2018, 05:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, I just downloaded the last one suggested...ran it...MSDefender doesn't give a shit about it - didn't pop up a warning, I didn't have to add it as an allowed application, my firewall didn't go apeshit and my dog didn't bite me...soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....not too sure what is even going on in this thread anymore  ;D

4wd:
....not too sure what is even going on in this thread anymore  ;D-Stephen66515 (April 20, 2018, 08:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

Allow me to elucidate:
1) OP has asked for recommendations for software to perform a certain function.
2) Recommendations were given but OP gives no indication that any of them have actually been tried apart from being downloaded and having the AV complain about them.
3) [Insert number here] months later OP repeats same request and provides no explanation of why any previous suggestion was unsuitable because he has not tried them.
4) Repeat from step 2.

I think that pretty much sums it up.

Could probably add that despite proving that the latest comment by him was incorrect that we will continue from step 3 anyway.

To put it another way, in the 5 years since the OP posted:
a) He could have reviewed every single keylogger out there and put his results in our Review section.
b) He could have learnt a programming language and written one that suits him.

PS. If you think I'm being overly sarcastic ... you are 100% correct.

PPS. I forgot to include that it usually takes at least a dozen posts over the course of a month or two to find out what is actually required.

I should probably make a flow chart, it might be easier to follow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version