ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Personal keylogger

<< < (6/14) > >>

mouser:
I find a clipboard tool (of course I use my own, CHS) an excellent emergency backup for such occasions.  All I have to do is Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C and I've got a copy of the text in its current version saved in case of a crash.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses a clipboard tool for such purposes.

rjbull:
I find a clipboard tool (of course I use my own, CHS) an excellent emergency backup for such occasions.-mouser (July 13, 2016, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Further to that, if the OP is typing job applications, the odds are that he is typing the same text repeatedly.  Good clipboard managers such as mouser's superb CHS or ArsClip or many others are excellent for  keeping boilerplate text readily available.

kalos:
@kalos: Did you try Text Editor Anywhere as suggested by @rjbull ?
That seemed like it might offer the most comprehensive recovery options overall.
The in-browser text editing recovery tools (Firefox and Chrome) otherwise all seem to be a bit iffy, in my experience.

I'm going to trial Text Editor Anywhere, anyway. Thanks @rjbull !   :Thmbsup:
-IainB (July 12, 2016, 09:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

from I saw about that program, I don't think it's something suitable
I want a program that will sit in tray and just monitor and save in an dated archive all the text I type

IainB:
I find a clipboard tool (of course I use my own, CHS) an excellent emergency backup for such occasions.  All I have to do is Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C and I've got a copy of the text in its current version saved in case of a crash.
I'm sure I'm not the only person who uses a clipboard tool for such purposes.
-mouser (July 13, 2016, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I'll second that. That's what I do (have done for ages) - use CHS (though any Clipboard Manager would probably do as well).
I did try Text Editor Anywhere, but, though it's quite useful, it's not as easy/simple to use as CHS, and it imposes a complexity and system overhead that I could probably do without.

rjbull:
I did try Text Editor Anywhere, but, though it's quite useful, it's not as easy/simple to use as CHS-IainB (July 15, 2016, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
It does a different job, really.  The advantage over CHS is that you don't need to remember to copy text box contents to the clipboard each time; it saves them automatically.

it imposes a complexity and system overhead that I could probably do without.-IainB (July 15, 2016, 11:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'm surprised - you major in complex systems  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version