ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Yahoo email servers hacked

<< < (4/5) > >>

Carol Haynes:
BT (and by implication Yahoo) now apparently admit the problem if you speak to technical support.

Typically no public statement, warning or advice from Yahoo to legitimate users even though there is plenty of evidence for the problem!

40hz:
Just in the past few days, I've received multiple emails from my mother-in-law's Yahoo email account that are spam, and that I KNOW she is not manually sending to me. Just more anecdotal evidence...
-kyrathaba (March 06, 2013, 08:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

I have three SB clients using Yahoo e-mail courtesy of AT&T farming it out (unbeknownst to them) for most DSL accounts. Two of them have recently received warning/block notices from the e-mail admins of some of their own customers because they are supposedly spamming their customer's e-mail servers.

Fun...

Especially when trying to talk to somebody at ATT/Yahoo about it. :-\

Carol Haynes:
How do you talk to Yahoo? Do they even have a contact number for end users ... sorry, marketing targets ?

erikts:
Yahoo! webmail! hijacks! are! back!...

Yahoo! has blamed cross-site scripting security bugs, which it claims to have squashed, for a recent upsurge in webmail account takeovers.
--- End quote ---

via Daily Network Security Podcast

Carol Haynes:
Yahoo! webmail! hijacks! are! back!...

Yahoo! has blamed cross-site scripting security bugs, which it claims to have squashed, for a recent upsurge in webmail account takeovers.
--- End quote ---

via Daily Network Security Podcast
-erikts (March 11, 2013, 12:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty typical reaction of Yahoo - if they didn't write such god awful buggy webscripts themselves it might make it harder for hackers, and the problem might not go on for months!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version