ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Qiqqa - Reference Management System - Mini-Review

<< < (7/7)

IainB:
@superboyac
I haven't needed to use Qiqqa recently, but as I recall, using it on a laptop, it monitored and auto-scanned your directories for .PDF files, copied any new ones it found into it's database, then OCR'd them (if just image files) and indexed them. The data was thus duplicated into Qiqqa's database (library) and the original docs left untouched.
I presume it still could work that way. I've not used it across a network or Cloud drives, so I don't know how that would work out, sorry.
Don't they have help files or a helpdesk to answer your Q's?
I'm probably not much use for support.

sphere:
I realize this is a very old thread- however it is a review.

I just wanted to post that Qiqqa is now open source software.

"After 10 years of your support we have decided to make Qiqqa open source so that it can be grown and extended by its community of thousands of active users.

NB: We will be discontinuing Web Library support for Qiqqa at the end of 2020. So you’ll have one year within which to install the latest version of Open Source Qiqqa (which is improving daily), migrate your Web Libraries into Intranet Libraries, and enjoy all the Premium and Premium+ features of Qiqqa for free (except Web Libraries)!
Go to the Qiqqa Open Source GitHub website. "
https://github.com/jimmejardine/qiqqa-open-source

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version