ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Why Russell Holly returned his Microsoft Surface Pro - A Cautionary Tale

(1/4) > >>

40hz:
Interesting personal article on Geek.com about why somebody who was absolutely sold on Microsoft's Surface Pro ended up returning it for a refund. (Hint : It's not so much his problems with the technology as it was having to deal with a company that is either incompetent - or just doesn't give a damn.)

I was a launch day Surface Pro customer. I sat in line with a smile on my face, eager to take home a piece of hardware that I knew, from prior experience, that I was really going to enjoy. Yesterday I returned my Surface Pro, and I am unlikely to purchase another piece of hardware directly from Microsoft ever again.
--- End quote ---

Read it here.
 8)

Carol Haynes:
LOL - not much new there then ... MS suck at all forms of sales and aftercare for hardware and software - always have, probably always will.

Renegade:
Is this accurate?

40hz:
LOL - not much new there then ... MS suck at all forms of sales and aftercare for hardware and software - always have, probably always will.
-Carol Haynes (March 04, 2013, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1. As anybody who suffered from the whole Zune "customer experience" will testify.

About the only good hardware Microsoft ever sold IMO was a mouse. An their quality has lapsed so significantly over the last couple of years that I'll no longer buy or recommend any Microsoft mouse. Even when Staples 'bargain bins' them for $15.

This decision was made following the discovery that their "go anywhere" Mobile mice could only be knocked off a tabletop once before they'd never work again. And also after having one of their mini-USB receivers short out and melt while plugged into my GF's laptop - completely destroying the USB port it was plugged into. Fortunately, her laptop still worked after that fiasco. And it also has four other (still functioning) USB ports. So she was only moderately enraged over what happened.
 :tellme:

40hz:
Is this accurate?
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Renegade (March 04, 2013, 08:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

Close. But a more visually...um...accurate image wouldn't be appropriate for posting here.

DoCo is a family-rated site. ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version