ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet Explorer 10 arrives on Windows 7

<< < (4/5) > >>

allen:
IE 10 still supports the meta tags that force ie 7-9 compatibility mode. (This can also be manually accessed via F12 -> browser mode. IE 6 might be a stretch... mandatory ie 6 usage would be cause for me to terminate that relationship!

f0dder:
IE 10 still supports the meta tags that force ie 7-9 compatibility mode.-allen (March 04, 2013, 10:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Keep in mind that those aren't perfect bug-for-bug emulations... which you'd need on some corporate sites :)

allen:
IE 10 still supports the meta tags that force ie 7-9 compatibility mode.-allen (March 04, 2013, 10:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Keep in mind that those aren't perfect bug-for-bug emulations... which you'd need on some corporate sites :)
-f0dder (March 05, 2013, 04:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not that I would need!

f0dder:
--- End quote ---
-f0dder (March 05, 2013, 04:18 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not that I would need!
-allen (March 05, 2013, 11:22 AM)
--- End quote ---
Consider yourself lucky.

Other people have to use SAP - or other similar monstrous kludges :)

EDIT: btw, http://ie.microsoft.com/testdrive/Performance/MandelbrotExplorer/ apparently does better in IE10 than FF19 and MostRecentChrome. (Just like each vendor's own techdemo tends to run best on it's own JS engine... ;p )

40hz:
Microsoft has a tool to block automatic UE10 upgrades through Windows update. You can always manually update to 10 later should you decide you want it. Info here.

There's also a compatibility inspector that will help flag potential issues IE10 may experience with your own webpages. More here.

FWIW, I have it running on a test machine and haven't run into any issues so far. It also seems to link to and navigate all the financial sites I've tried it on. But I haven't extensively tested it on those sites, so there may be some site-specific features that have been broken without my realizing it. YMMV.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version