ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Internet Explorer 10 arrives on Windows 7

<< < (2/5) > >>

Curt:
Add/Remove shows nothing new, not even Internet Explorer.-Curt (March 01, 2013, 06:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

-ehh, that was of course with my normal setting.
Showing updates, only IE and language packages were installed:

Renegade:
I think I'll skip it... I have a hard enough time with the few web sites that I use IE for... They work now, so I'm NOT going to mess with that.

Ath:
Biggest worry here is what IE-specific web apps break this time, after upgrading... Yes, I know it's the task of the developer to try and anticipate on any browser changes, but with IE the changes often seem to be so huge, anticipation is next to impossible. We'll see how the story goes, this time, I'll wait a couple of weeks and ask around a bit :tellme:

Renegade:
Biggest worry here is what IE-specific web apps break this time, after upgrading... Yes, I know it's the task of the developer to try and anticipate on any browser changes, but with IE the changes often seem to be so huge, anticipation is next to impossible. We'll see how the story goes, this time, I'll wait a couple of weeks and ask around a bit :tellme:
-Ath (March 02, 2013, 02:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

And that's exactly why I won't upgrade. Banks are at best marginally competent. I told my wife once, "Watch this. It will take me a hour just to login & check my balance." I was right. Last week I spent over 3 hours getting another site to work. (That involved 3 computers with 2 running clients.) One of my banks forced you to stick with IE 6 for years.

The mere fact that they make things IE specific (and often IE only) tells you that there's something fundamentally mental going on.

Arizona Hot:
And that's exactly why I won't upgrade. Banks are at best marginally competent. I told my wife once, "Watch this. It will take me a hour just to login & check my balance." I was right. Last week I spent over 3 hours getting another site to work. (That involved 3 computers with 2 running clients.) One of my banks forced you to stick with IE 6 for years.
-Renegade (March 02, 2013, 04:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

I tested this out and was able to login to Bank of America online with no problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version