ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

In Car Gadgets & Doodads

<< < (3/7) > >>

cmpm:
I'll add on a few 'lighter' items.
Matches, a lighter and a flashlight.

techidave:
heated seats are the bomb!   :D

app103:
Here are 3 things I bought for my husband as gifts over the years, that he never thought he needed but ended up not wanting to leave home without:

* A spotlight - handy for seeing street signs and house numbers on unlit roads at night.
* An air compressor - handy for inflating a tire.
* A power inverter - handy for running AC devices off your car's battery. Keep your car running whenever you use this, unless you like a dead battery. There are ones available with a higher wattage output than the one I linked to, including ones you could run a coffee maker or my 700W microwave oven with. Just consider what you might want to run with it before buying one.
That power inverter may have ended up saving a friend's life, when he lost power during a storm and needed electricity to run his nebulizer. If it wasn't for my husband showing up at his house, he might not have been able to breathe. The friend went out and bought his own, right after that.

4wd:
Jackall Farm Jack - Rated at 3.6 tonnes, (mine can jack up to 4 foot), can be used as a winch, (which is fun), firewood splitter, fence post puller, floor board cramp, window bar spreader, lifting the house to change a stump, etc, etc.

The true jack for all trades

In Car Gadgets & Doodads

Made in Canada....feel proud Renegade   :Thmbsup:

A couple more things kept in the 4x4:
Esbit Solid Fuel Stove
Pocket Chainsaw
And bolted on is the Shower :)

techidave:
4wd, here in farm country (western Kansas) we call them "widow makers", because they can be quite dangerous.  Also one of the first companies to make them was HiLift hence they are also known as a HiLift jack.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version