ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Community Giveaways

1 Copy of Left 4 Dead 2 giveaway :P *Open for another 21 hours *

<< < (3/3)

KynloStephen66515:
Guys,

This is a giveaway, you are not paying for the item llc_silly offered.

Comments like Do you have that game or not ?
--- End quote ---
and Why wont you send it?
--- End quote ---
are not really very nice.

Please be polite, and not be so rude to the nice person giving away an item.

Remember, these offers could just as easily be limited (as an official rule) to only certain member groups, or people who have actually contributed something to DonationCoder (Other than joining for nothing other than a giveaway).

llc_silly may not be fully monitoring this thread for ANY reason.

llc_silly, if you could possibly inform us on here, as and when you have delivered this gift, or, if you chose not to (for any reason), then please let a moderator know, so we can deal with this thread for you :)

Cheers guy.

wraith808:
I'm locking this thread until further notice.  If you wish to contact a moderator, llc_silly, or Steam Gifts directly to resolve, please do so.

Remember that, as Stephen said above, this community giveaway section is for the community, and to foster a sense of community and a way to distribute things that we have and may want to pay forward, not a general way to get free stuff by joining.  Please keep the spirit of the giveaways in mind when applying.

wraith808:
I have spoken with llc_silly, and he is going to pm sulc84 directly about the giveaway and the confusion.  In the end, the winner is of the SteamGifts giveaway was sulc84.   But there were several outside of the SG site rules that were not followed, and so he is exercising his right not to award the game.

His reasons in short:

1. You are one of the users joining for nothing other than the giveaway.  This is a community giveaway, and you didn't join to be part of the community.
2. You didn't follow my instructions, i.e. write down your steam username and post here after the entering.

In short, log in to SG, then mark my gift as not received, and that is it.

--- End quote ---

We will be using SteamGifts for futher giveaways, as I think it's a good platform for that, and thanks to LLC_silly for pioneering this.  But we will be locking it to the DonationCoder group on steam in the future.

Thanks, and if you have any further issues, take it up by PM or on SteamGifts off the board, in deference to the rest of the community, and Mouser's wishes.  My apologies for any confusion and such generated, but this is/will be a process with its own growing pains.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version