ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

WebKit rules!

<< < (3/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Ca'n't help but wonder...is it really so much that WebKit rules...or more that Opera succumbs? ;D
-40hz (February 28, 2013, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Webkit and Opera are in a BDSM relationship?!  :o
-TaoPhoenix (February 28, 2013, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Only if you're the sort who thinks 'succumbing' is the same thing as 'submitting.' :P
-40hz (February 28, 2013, 11:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Or you add a k and remove the b.

I will leave you to work that out for yourselves...

Reveal the answerYou lazy SOB...Work it out yourself.

Tinman57:
I believe Russian has some nifty features that help in these areas.) -Renegade (February 28, 2013, 05:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah, like they don't have anything like a warning shot....   :P

Renegade:
I believe Russian has some nifty features that help in these areas.) -Renegade (February 28, 2013, 05:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

-Tinman57 (February 28, 2013, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! ;D

Ok, well, that's not quite what I meant.

I was thinking more about how Russian has inflection that makes the word order unimportant.

e.g. In English, this is clear:

John watched Mary.

However, in Russian, that really makes no sense as there's no inflection in English. So:

John watched Mary = Mary watched John

However, in Russian, you'd have inflection/particles/whatever to indicate the subject and object and all that stuff that we don't have in English.

You can think of the few examples that still exist in English that inflect, e.g.:

foot - feet
goose - geese
I - me - mine - my
etc.

Tinman57:
--- End quote ---

-Tinman57 (February 28, 2013, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! ;D

Ok, well, that's not quite what I meant.

I was thinking more about how Russian has inflection that makes the word order unimportant.

e.g. In English, this is clear:

John watched Mary.

However, in Russian, that really makes no sense as there's no inflection in English. So:

John watched Mary = Mary watched John

However, in Russian, you'd have inflection/particles/whatever to indicate the subject and object and all that stuff that we don't have in English.

You can think of the few examples that still exist in English that inflect, e.g.:

foot - feet
goose - geese
I - me - mine - my
etc. -Renegade (March 02, 2013, 09:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well that just saffles the bhit out of me, which probably shickles the thit out of you....  :o   ;)

kyrathaba:
Google going its own way, forking WebKit rendering engine

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2013/04/google-going-its-own-way-forking-webkit-rendering-engine/

Until now, Google has rigorously tracked the WebKit project, both integrating patches made by other WebKit developers and pushing its own changes made during the course of Chrome's development back upstream.

Linus Upson, vice president of Engineering at Google, and Alex Komoroske, product manager on the Open Web Platform team, told us that the costs of sharing code now outweighed the advantages. There is considerable complexity in WebCore that is there to support WebKit2 features that Google does not want or use...
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version