ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

WebKit rules!

<< < (2/4) > >>

Ampa:
SpeedDial is Opera's new tab page.
--- End quote ---

Um...what?

This is by no means new.
-Stephen66515 (February 27, 2013, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe you may be reading this differently than the author intended... I see this a a statement of fact, that SpeedDial is a feature that Opera uses as its new-tab page. ie a new blank tab displays SpeedDial, as opposed to the feature being new.

Renegade:
SpeedDial is Opera's new tab page.
--- End quote ---

Um...what?

This is by no means new.
-Stephen66515 (February 27, 2013, 06:52 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe you may be reading this differently than the author intended... I see this a a statement of fact, that SpeedDial is a feature that Opera uses as its new-tab page. ie a new blank tab displays SpeedDial, as opposed to the feature being new.
-Ampa (February 28, 2013, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Darn language. I vote we all start being a bit more precise and mathematical and using brackets, braces, and parentheses for clarity. e.g.

SpeedDial is Opera's open parentheses new tab close parentheses page.

Which could be clearly distinguished from:

SpeedDial is Opera's new open parentheses tab page close parentheses.

(etc.)

:P

(English is simply horrible when it comes to clarity and being unambiguous in certain cases. You need to be overly verbose for what should be simpler. I believe Russian has some nifty features that help in these areas.)

40hz:
Ca'n't help but wonder...is it really so much that WebKit rules...or more that Opera succumbs? ;D

TaoPhoenix:
Ca'n't help but wonder...is it really so much that WebKit rules...or more that Opera succumbs? ;D
-40hz (February 28, 2013, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Webkit and Opera are in a BDSM relationship?!  :o

40hz:
-40hz (February 28, 2013, 10:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Webkit and Opera are in a BDSM relationship?!  :o
-TaoPhoenix (February 28, 2013, 11:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

Only if you're the sort who thinks 'succumbing' is the same thing as 'submitting.' :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version