ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Capture portion of screen and print

(1/2) > >>

sanjo:
Greetings.  I just downloaded Screen Shot and what a lot of functions it has. I will be studying it for a good while, but right now I need to know how to "grab" a portion of a screen and print that portion.  It is probably the simplist of all its functions, but I have yet to figure it out.

thanks

mouser:
By default, you can use shift+prtscr to capture a portion of the screen.

Then if you have Screenshot Captor set up with default settings you'll see a pop-up dialog where you can choose print.

Or you can change SC options to autoprint after every capture and stay minimized.

You can also see options for adding captions to your print jobs, and doing more stuff -- but try first thing first and let us know if you have any trouble.

sanjo:
thanks for responding.  I must have things wrong. When I hit Shift+ PrtSc nothing happens.  I was expecting that when I needed to copy some portion of a screen I could hit PrtSc and the Main Window would be superimposed over the screen.  Then I would have all the options to choose from going around the edge of the screen.  I will have to reinstall and look harder for the settings.\

thanks]

Sanjo

mouser:
This may be a silly question, but did you RUN the program after installing it? Can you bring up the main Screenshot Captor window? No point trying to figure out why shift+PrtScr isn't working unless we're sure the program is first running.

tomos:
A minor question I've been meaning to ask for a while - possibly related so I'll ask here:

How come the installer doesnt lauch (or give the option to launch) SC after install any more? (I think it's the same now with your other apps too). I've gotten used to it, but AFAIK it's not the norm and was wondering if there's a reason for it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version