ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

What buttons should be in Screenshot Captor post-capture dialog?

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
Might it be useful to have an option to change the captured file name to whatever is the caption?
--- End quote ---

Might be nice to have an option for that.. something like "use initial X characters of custom comment as filename"..

cranioscopical:
Might it be useful to have an option to change the captured file name to whatever is the caption?
--- End quote ---

Might be nice to have an option for that.. something like "use initial X characters of custom comment as filename"..
-mouser (February 24, 2013, 07:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds good, if anyone else thinks it might be useful.
Since I can't count much beyond, um... 11, would there be an 'all' option or would entering an oversized number get the whole caption e.g. 'This is my caption' -> use the first 100 characters -> 'This is my caption'

bob99:
The changes and additions to the popup are great. Especially like the ability of adding a caption here. Just makes it easier and faster for me at least.
Could there be a setting for after adding the caption to save and hide instead of it saving and havng the main window pop up?
Edit: Never mind. Don't know what I was thinking. All I need to do is hit the save & hide.  :-[

I also have a request but for the main window. Could a hotkey (or button to the toolbar) be added to copy the caption of a saved image to the clipboard? Please, please, please...

mouser:
Could a hotkey (or button to the toolbar) be added to copy the caption of a saved image to the clipboard?
--- End quote ---

If you add a caption via the post-capture popup, it will also be in the comment/note section at the bottom of the main window, below file name.  If you click in there and do Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C you will copy it all to the clipboard.  Is that sufficient?

bob99:
Could a hotkey (or button to the toolbar) be added to copy the caption of a saved image to the clipboard?
--- End quote ---

If you add a caption via the post-capture popup, it will also be in the comment/note section at the bottom of the main window, below file name.  If you click in there and do Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C you will copy it all to the clipboard.  Is that sufficient?
-mouser (February 25, 2013, 10:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is the way I have been doing it. And can continue to. Thought it would be a logical addition since there is already the Ctrl-C to copy the image and the copy path to clipboard icon next to the quick name field. Just cuts down on repetitive steps/keystrokes when you're taking a number of screenshots or transferring images and notes to a different app.

I've been trying out a couple of macro recording programs for some shortcuts between other programs. I can give them a shot to see what they can do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version