ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Site/Forum Features

Testing waters for radical dc ideas - feedback wanted

<< < (5/5)

JavaJones:
I feel like the single biggest thing that needs to be done is obvious and should really be tried *independent of other muckings* before calling it time for more sweeping change, and that is to finally properly reorganize and CMS-ify the main site, making it a better place for software listings, updates, etc. as well as other content. Until that is done it seems silly to me to talk of totally redoing the forums, which are pretty much working fine in my opinion (and apparently other people here agree). So why not make this an opportunity for the big push finally needed to go CMS on this place? After all, if we can't even successfully make *that* happen, what hope is there of successful transition to some radically new paradigm?

- Oshyan

tomos:
I feel like the single biggest thing that needs to be done is obvious and should really be tried *independent of other muckings* before calling it time for more sweeping change, and that is to finally properly reorganize and CMS-ify the main site, making it a better place for software listings, updates, etc. as well as other content. Until that is done it seems silly to me to talk of totally redoing the forums, which are pretty much working fine in my opinion (and apparently other people here agree). So why not make this an opportunity for the big push finally needed to go CMS on this place?-JavaJones (December 21, 2012, 07:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
+1
(a very belated response, which could be a bump :p)

Another thing I'd like to see is some sort of wiki area - I have no ideas how this could be tied in with the forum.*
But over the years there's been a few threads, which, if kept updated could have been a major attraction for the site (e.g. software free for business use).

* I've no idea of the complexity nor what is possible, but something like:
Forum post becomes canditate for wiki. Wiki created => gets quoted in post. 'Live link'/quote where post-quote updates when wiki updated.

KynloStephen66515:
How would people feel about a beta.donationcoder.com page

This would basically be, the forums a they are now (The forums will NOT change, just..be cleaned and organised a little better than how they are), it would also be a lot of updates and better sections :)

Mouser wants some additional things that I would have to open my documents to find the notes, so, I shall let mouser weigh in there.

I figure this would be a better idea, primarily because it would give people a chance to be able to see and feel how the whole thing responds.  It would also give everybody a chance to give constructive critisism and offer ideas on where things could be changed/remove/improved etc...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version