ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

having trouble with undo

(1/2) > >>

aparente001:
Running Captor 3.08.01.

I did crop and then tried to add an arrow.  It didn't come out right, so I did ctl z (undo).  The thing that got undone was the crop.  How do I undo the arrow?

Alternatively, how do I delete the arrow object?

Or, how do I discard all my changes?  (I don't mind re-cropping if I have to.)

I tried selecting the original file from the panel of thumbnails of screenshot files, over on the left, but that just opens the file with irfanview.

By the way, about the crop tool: First I selected the part of the image I wanted to keep, then hit the crop icon.  The crop occurred, but I got an error message telling me to select a region before cropping.  What bothers me most about that is the "bing" noise.  (For now, I muted my sound.)

Thank you!

mouser:
Hi aparante.

Download the new beta from here, it has better undo support for objects and more bugfixes.

You can discard all changes from "File -> Discard changes since last file save" menu.

I'm not sure I understand what happened with crop.. I wonder if you aren't using Double-Clicks of the mouse when you should be using single clicks? It kind of sounds that way from your descriptions.

aparente001:
Thanks for responding, mouser.  I will try the beta.  Turns out my mouse problems had nothing to do with the captor.  When I switched from the optical mouse (which was behaving in some slightly different funny ways with some other software) to the corded mouse, the crop worked as expected.

rjbull:
I dropped SSC largely because Ctrl+Z Undo didn't work for me after adding something to a screenshot, so hope the beta will fix it.

aparente001:
So far I don't see a huge difference in Undo with the Beta, but my skills have improved.  The key seems to be "object select mode," which is a toggle.  When you're in select mode, you can select an arrow, circle, whatever, and kill it with the delete key.  I'm working on remembering to toggle out of select mode.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version