ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

What buttons should be in Screenshot Captor post-capture dialog?

(1/3) > >>

mouser:
Im trying to decide which few buttons should be in the post-capture popup dialog.
Personally I don't use it, but I understand it can be especially important to new users who might be scared by the main interface.

Here's the current dialog:

What I plan to do is remove the Thumbnail button as it's not so important; and i think i'll compress the clipboard options into one button with a drop down selection; that will allow several different clipboard copy options (copy image, copy file path, copy file object) into one button.

I could leave it at that and just remove a row of buttons -- that would have the advantage of being even less intimidating.

But I could also add one or two more rows of 2 buttons each (any more than that and I think users will feel overwhelmed).

Any suggestions?

mouser:
I suppose if this really is going to be a dialog used by new users, a "Help Me!" button that took them to the forum here might not be a terrible idea..

rgdot:
I have never and probably never will print from a dialog like this. A dialog like this which is the first thing I see and I haven't seen the image in its full size and/or haven't edited it.

tomos:
my suggestions:

+ 1 for removing print
Then you could keep the two copy buttons seperate (preferable to me at any rate)
Halve the width of the "Send To" drop-down, and add the "Help Me" button beside it.
You'd still have one row less than now :up:

mouser:
Here is my latest attempt:

You can download the new beta here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version