ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Desactivated services and irregular things

<< < (6/7) > >>

tomos:
Black Viper's site is what I've used since XP to determine what services I can safely disable.

While YMMV, I've yet to have anything I've disabled due to his info cause any problem on my computers but you do need to know what role your machine has before you go fiddling with them.

And naturally make a backup before you start fiddling.
-4wd (February 25, 2013, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh my God. i have to take a look-Contro (February 26, 2013, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

not sure if that's positive or negative :D

"you do need to know what role your machine has before you go fiddling with them" <= is important. If the role of the machine changes, you may have to re-enable services. So, if you do change things, keep a good record of what you change!

Contro:
Please how can I suscribe to the Black Viper blog ?
I don't see the option
 :-[

Contro:
Black Viper's site is what I've used since XP to determine what services I can safely disable.

While YMMV, I've yet to have anything I've disabled due to his info cause any problem on my computers but you do need to know what role your machine has before you go fiddling with them.

And naturally make a backup before you start fiddling.
-4wd (February 25, 2013, 10:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh my God. i have to take a look-Contro (February 26, 2013, 07:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

not sure if that's positive or negative :D

"you do need to know what role your machine has before you go fiddling with them" <= is important. If the role of the machine changes, you may have to re-enable services. So, if you do change things, keep a good record of what you change!
-tomos (February 26, 2013, 08:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think Tomos that KeepUpApp is exactly that.
And fix programs, is not configurable, are for restore the service and configuration most recommendable.

Best Regars

4wd:
Please how can I suscribe to the Black Viper blog ?
I don't see the option
-Contro (February 26, 2013, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Front page, right below his picture:

Registration Disabled
Registration is currently disabled due to the vast amount of spam bots and fake accounts. Please check back later.
--- End quote ---

But he does have RSS feed links just below that.

Contro:
A good portable RSS reader ?
Can i use TB for that purpose ?
Best Regards 4wd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version