ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

<< < (31/33) > >>

wraith808:
Truthfully, I stopped following.  They're still going, but I just take the blog posts with a grain of salt, and promptly forget it.

They have been pushing on the legislative front, and have apparently conquered that battle or are close to it in every state.

They have been active, but there's been no "state of the Elio" in quite a while, so your assessment is quite correct.  It seems they're trying to keep momentum on the hype front, while showing little of where the finish line is.  It's not in production is all I can say.

tomos:
I've always liked cars, but I've never loved one, till now...

Peugot 309 (SX)
25 years old in October
Only 45,000 miles driven
Looks like new inside and in very good nick outside

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-tomos (July 24, 2014, 06:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
Well,
I was hoping this would make 'old timer' status which is 30 years old here (you get some benefits: less tax mainly I think). Unfortunately it didnt make it: the motor was still good, but there were too many other problems that couldnt be fixed. Last resting place (destined to be, eh, taken apart, and sold as parts).

in happier days:
making friends in the Supermarkt Parkplatz:

Deozaan:
Necro-thread arise! Again!

I just remembered the Elio again. Checking out their website, it looks like the last update was just over a year ago, in December 2019.

After the past several years of "it will be released next year" it seems pretty likely that they'll never be more than vaporware. :(

It's a shame because I really liked the concept and wanted to get one. I hope people who prepaid are being compensated or reimbursed somehow.

Ath:
Ah, yes, just over 3 years ago I showed the then new, used VW Golf 5 I bought to commute to my then new job.
Only a year ago, I traded that one in for a newer model, again used, VW Golf 7.
It has all kinds of luxury (at least a lot more than the Golf 5 :D), like full leather interior, heated seats, adaptive cruise-control, key-less entry and go and a great audio system.

These are a few of the promo photo's from the garage I bought it from:

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

I've not been using it much since March, of course, so it'll probably stay in the family for a long time :)

wraith808:
Necro-thread arise! Again!

I just remembered the Elio again. Checking out their website, it looks like the last update was just over a year ago, in December 2019.

After the past several years of "it will be released next year" it seems pretty likely that they'll never be more than vaporware. :(

It's a shame because I really liked the concept and wanted to get one. I hope people who prepaid are being compensated or reimbursed somehow.
-Deozaan (January 01, 2021, 02:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not to my knowledge.  I only went in for $150, but I've heard nothing from them.  That was one of the reasons I just took the lowest reservation level.  As of today, the membership reservation site is not responding, but this was the first time I'd checked in a while, so it's possible that this is just transient (though I doubt it, as other sub-domains are down, also).  But I'd given up on this a while ago.  Their valuation is very low right now, and the stock even lower, trading at $1.24 (though that's better than the lowest, when it was in spitting distance of penny stock range).  It spiked for some reason in November, but I don't know why that was.

A pretty good article - https://www.makesthatdidntmakeit.com/blog/2020/3/31/the-elio-perpetually-right-around-the-corner

Checking in at the owners' site, no one there seems to think much of the chances of this materializing either - https://www.elioowners.com/

It's sad that many of them are in for the full price of the car :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version