ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

<< < (28/33) > >>

wraith808:
I went with Cthulhu.  It's not overtly religious, and actually a little more subversive. :P

Renegade:
I went with Cthulhu.  It's not overtly religious, and actually a little more subversive. :P
-wraith808 (October 09, 2015, 11:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahaha~! ;D

Actually, I went through the "Cthulhu" logic, and simply figured that Satan is better known and the logic of the argument/humour would be more readily understood than with Cthulhu.

I really did want to go with Cthulhu, and that was the first version of my lawn sign. For my lawn sign, I went with a "Nobody" theme.

Still, I'm thinking I might want to change the "O" in VOTE to an inverted pentagram...

Oh... the many different ways to "pimp my ride"~! 8)

-- I'll post my "Cthulhu" and "Nobody" lawn signs in the silly humour thread as they're a bit out of place here.

dspelley:
My 2014 Camry.

Bought this about a year ago after driving Honda Accords for several years. Honda's were great, but when the last one was getting near 200,000 miles, I wanted a vehicle I could take on longer road trips with more confidence I would get there. Our 2 youngest daughters are in college - one about 100 miles south of here, the other about 165 miles north, so some weeks we're on the road quite a bit to get to concerts (one in choir, the other in band), family weekends, etc. This one gets about 26 mpg around the city, and 33-34 mpg on the highway.

Also drive a 2010 Honda Odyssey van. Very comfortable, lots of room.

CWuestefeld:
OK, I'll join the game.
It's a '13 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Grand Touring Edition.

The specs are ridiculous, with a 3.8 V6 liter engine making 340+ hp. With a 8-speed transmission and paddle shifters, it does 0-60 in less than 5.5 seconds. To be sure that you appreciate its engine, there's actually a duct that focuses the sound of the engine into the cockpit.

I got this when the maintenance on my Subaru WRX start getting excessive. Since I'm in TX now, I don't need the AWD, so opted for something sporty with rear wheel drive.

However, in the GC I don't feel anywhere near as "connected" as I did in the WRX. I think that's largely down to the wheelbase of the GC being much longer, so its turn-in is inherently less quick. Also, the GC doesn't have a limited-slip diff (this is fixed in the current year edition), which causes wheel slip at corners, which triggers the traction control and makes the car bog down (so I always disable the traction control, except in the rain).

Oh, and one other complaint - the user interface and bluetooth connectivity in the entertainment system seems to have been designed by a summer intern.

But man, is this car fast. It doesn't matter how fast you're already going, there's always plenty more power to accelerate further. And it's the first car I've ever had in which I have to actually be careful leaving a stoplight so I don't spin the tires.

Renegade:
My 2014 Camry.
[ Invalid Attachment ]
-dspelley (October 12, 2015, 03:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Woohoo for the Camry!

They're actually made about 4~6 km from where I live now, depending on the route you take there (and 2~3 km as the crow flies). I used to work right across the street from where they are.

Buy more Camry cars everyone~! :D

(Yeah... I'm a total fanboi for local businesses and the local economy wherever I live. 8) )

My parents have one, and they're nice to drive.  :Thmbsup:

OK, I'll join the game.
[ Invalid Attachment ]
It's a '13 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, Grand Touring Edition.
-CWuestefeld (October 13, 2015, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

When I was a kid, my mom had a Hyundai Stellar. I loved that car. That was quite a while back.

But... Having lived in Korea for so many years, and having worked on some Hyundai marketing campaigns, I do have a soft spot in my heart for Hyundai.

They've really come a very, very long way.

The big thing that pushed me towards the Dodge Grand Caravan was the "Stow-n-go" seating. I wanted cargo space, and that was just a killer feature.

No balls like the GC there, but it does what I need for now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version