ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

<< < (23/33) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Not mine but I wouldn't mind taking it for a spin…  :)

(see attachment in previous post)
This has a Viper 8.0 litre, V10: develops >500 BHP  8)

-cranioscopical (September 06, 2014, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Probably heavy enough to have a top speed of <175mph though...but that Torque must be quite fun to battle with lol

Stoic Joker:
Not mine but I wouldn't mind taking it for a spin…  :)

(see attachment in previous post)
This has a Viper 8.0 litre, V10: develops >500 BHP  8)
-cranioscopical (September 06, 2014, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

Interestingly prophetic choice of phrasing there ... Because if one snaps the throttle open on that thing it's going to "spin" alright ... Axially...

Much like the BossHoss, it's a highly impractical (for show only) Trailer Queen.

If you really want to go that fast, just buy a Hayabusa ... Your chances for survival will be much higher.

Deozaan:
Thanks for that... I'm checking it out... but I think I'm all in. :)
-wraith808 (August 01, 2013, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I'm ALL IN with the non-refundable $1000.  Now for the hard part, waiting for it to come off the assembly-line.....   :D
-Tinman57 (August 02, 2013, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

The only two things I still have to research are the maintenance/parts and acceleration.  If they're in high demand and your car needs a part... are you going to be able to get it?  Are there going to be mechanics certified to work on it, or how easy/hard is it to work on?  Especially with those exposed wheel mounts.  And they mention top speed... but not acceleration...
-wraith808 (August 02, 2013, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Anyone who paid/reserved for an Elio car... Have they given you any updates? 2014 came and went as AFAIK nobody has gotten an Elio 2014 model. Are they releasing this year for sure? Next year? Or is it vaporware?

wraith808:
Thanks for that... I'm checking it out... but I think I'm all in. :)
-wraith808 (August 01, 2013, 08:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I'm ALL IN with the non-refundable $1000.  Now for the hard part, waiting for it to come off the assembly-line.....   :D
-Tinman57 (August 02, 2013, 03:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

The only two things I still have to research are the maintenance/parts and acceleration.  If they're in high demand and your car needs a part... are you going to be able to get it?  Are there going to be mechanics certified to work on it, or how easy/hard is it to work on?  Especially with those exposed wheel mounts.  And they mention top speed... but not acceleration...
-wraith808 (August 02, 2013, 04:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Anyone who paid/reserved for an Elio car... Have they given you any updates? 2014 came and went as AFAIK nobody has gotten an Elio 2014 model. Are they releasing this year for sure? Next year? Or is it vaporware?
-Deozaan (February 03, 2015, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I reserved, and yes, it's still on.  Some of the development has taken longer- understandable as they're the first startup to make their own engine in 60 years.  But the date has been pushed back to early 2016.  And it's definitely not vaporware, as they're in testing and going to trade shows and such all the time with the cars.

http://www.eliomotors.com/blog/

Renegade:
The Elio looks pretty slick. I don't think I'd get one as a primary/commuter car, but that's because of weather concerns - I'm not really sold on a car that small performing well enough during Canadian winters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version