ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

<< < (7/33) > >>

Tinman57:
One of my first cars was a '63 Dodge Dart.
Ugliest car this side of hell! But it ran good and the heater worked.
In no particular order before I got married and had to straighten up.
'71 Ford LTD, '61 Ford Truck,
'67 Dodge Monaco-a giant of a boat
bought for $175, put a carb on it and ran fine
'69 Chevy Truck, '71 Ford Torino, '85 Ford Ranger
Here's a pick off that dart, mine did not look this good.
It was rusted so bad that if you went through a puddle,
water would come through the floor boards.
-cmpm (February 26, 2013, 09:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I was a teen, I had a friend that had that same exact car.  It had a straight 6 engine and ran pretty strong.

Tinman57:
Asides from the colour, and the steering wheel being on the other side, this is the new baby in the family.
 Will get some photos when it gets light.
-Stephen66515 (February 26, 2013, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's a pretty damned sexy car.  I really like the contours.  Bet it runs like a raped ape too....

Renegade:
My next vehicles will likely be some sort of a larger vehicle for family and cargo, e.g. minivan, then a compact or sedan, and an el cheapo beater of some sort -- only concerned about how it runs there.

I'd like to get something like 4wd posted there -- an older, reliable jeep-style/4wd. :D

Whatever it ends up, I'll get 'em all used.

cmpm:
  When I was a teen, I had a friend that had that same exact car.  It had a straight 6 engine and ran pretty strong.
-Tinman57 (February 26, 2013, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was actually called a slant 6, but it was straight, not a V6.
A very strong motor, I had to replace the distributor, and it ran great.

I liked the '61 Ford Truck too, but the worm gear went out on it.
Pretty dangerous since that is part of what controls the steering.
I had to turn the steering wheel around 1.5 to 2 times for it to catch.

zridling:
Because interest rates are at a record low, we bought a 2013 Ford Taurus in November. It's the most enjoyable car to drive I've ever owned, though I've mainly had sports cars for the past 20 years.

As others note, the problem with car ownership is the cost -- of taxes, licensing, INSURANCE! (ripoff!), high cost of gas, tires, and yes, maintenance. Unless you have cash to burn, get the most reliable car you can afford, viz., a Honda, Toyota, or something else that's nice and boring. You'll thank yourself every month once it's paid off. Just make sure to take it in once a year and have it diagnosed and serviced.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version