ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

<< < (4/33) > >>

Tinman57:
  Well I showed my Hummer, guess I could put my car in here too.  A turbocharged 2011 VW GTI.  Fast little bugger, 0-60 in 6.9 secs and 150 mph top end, and still gets 33 mpg highway....  And oh, that German engineering!

Tinman57:
It's a decent car, and wasn't too expensive. They go forever if you take care of them. And, I'm due for a tune up.  -Renegade (February 23, 2013, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's really hard to beat that German engineering, nice ride Renny.  I couldn't list all the cars/trucks I've owned over the years, just way too many to list.  Just in the last 5 years I've owned 6 vehicles.  I just sold a 1970 Mustang Mach I that I've had for years and years, it was my sunny Sunday driver.  lol

Mark0:
Honda Insight.

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

Whoops! Missed the story part...

Anyway, I had a Toyota Paseo (Cynos in some market, I believe) from 1997 that probably would still be going, but it was totaled when someone missed a STOP and crashed on my left side. So, since I had been interested in the combination of engine + motor of the hybrids for some months, and there was some interesting incentives at the time, I got the Insight.
I am very pleased with it; it's not a sporty car, but the CVT make for a very fluid drive, and the combination of the optimal rpm at any speed and the torque boost from the electric motor make it very effective in the windy mountain roads, for example.

Renegade:
It's a decent car, and wasn't too expensive. They go forever if you take care of them. And, I'm due for a tune up.  -Renegade (February 23, 2013, 06:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's really hard to beat that German engineering, nice ride Renny.  I couldn't list all the cars/trucks I've owned over the years, just way too many to list.  Just in the last 5 years I've owned 6 vehicles.  I just sold a 1970 Mustang Mach I that I've had for years and years, it was my sunny Sunday driver.  lol
-Tinman57 (February 23, 2013, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Fox was a good car... until some lovely driver pulled out in front of me from oncoming traffic out of the blue. Write off. Had her kid in the passenger seat - lucky I swerved enough or the kid would have been hosed - likely dead.

The Mercedez was relatively inexpensive. I had to get a larger sedan as my wife tends to get carsick in smaller cars, which so far has never happened with the Merc. I wanted a sportier car, but that was out of the question.

But honestly, you've got the slickest vehicle in this thread by far~! Love that Hummer! They're damn sexy beasts!  :Thmbsup:

Cars in North American are dirt cheap compared to many other places. Here they're far more. Same with Korea. Malaysia is very strict as well as they have a domestic car industry to protect.

4wd:
Toyota BJ73 Landcruiser work/play horse - 27 years old, reliable and has a heat exchanger for a nice hot shower in the bush :)

Our other car is a boring 2000 Hyundai Accent with hail damage, (although I maintain that enables it to go faster as per a golf ball).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version