ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

<< < (2/33) > >>

rgdot:
@mouser car rental is much like house/apartment, one does it for the feeling of ownership otherwise it is always more expensive to own.

As far as my car goes, regular Corolla, very boring just like me  :D

Tinman57:
Tinman...You just earned 10 Man points.  Congratulations!  :D
-Stephen66515 (February 21, 2013, 07:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

WHOO HOO!  10 Man Points!!!!   :Thmbsup:  Hey, how many man points would I get for my copter?  OH! OH!  How many for my copter being towed by my Hummer???   :D

Shades:
When you can be without owning a car, keep it that way. Unless it is your hobby and you like to do maintenance yourself. Only a wife can spend/waste money faster than a car. But only just. Of course thats in the case you don´t get stopped by police or being caught by a camera...and find 3 weeks later a check in the mail for 50 euros, written out to the municipal, because you were speeding 3 kilometers an hour. Or 5 km/h, but then the ticket is already 75 euro. 

Freedom, right. To independedly go from one gas station to the next, while bringing the rest of your money to your local government. In the Netherlands a car like eleman´s would easily cost you 120 euro a month or more, depending on the size of the engine, the type of fuel it uses and general weight. The car has not moved one inch. If you want to do that, you pay close to 2 euros per liter of fuel, depending on type and location of the gas station.

Also, when your car is 3 years or older, you have to do an annual checkup at a station that is allowed to do so. Whatever they say is broken/worn/out of regulation you have to fix. Prices for this test vary, I always had to pay around 65 euros. Cost of the repairs would vary. And if the repairs take too long, you would have to pay again for the test.

Insurance for a car like eleman´s, would also be around 120 euros monthly for not much more than basic coverage. Fines for any of the above are high.

No, When I came to Paraguay, I didn´t need a car anymore and that felt liberating...much more liberating than being the owner of a car ever gave me.

Of course, your mileage may vary, but I am glad to be rid of that moneypit.

cmpm:
I really like Honda, they make a really good car.
This is my latest Honda, an Accord, and my wife drives a CRV from Honda.
The CRV is all wheel drive, useful for bad winter weather, if you keep on the street.
A 4 wheel drive is better for off road, different from all wheel drive

Rover:
I have been extremely blessed.. I've owed a few (cheap) BMW's.  I finally got over the brand (No cup holders... really!)

All I really want out of life is a reliable, well handling car, that doesn't cost $150 to change the oil.

I ended up with an Acura TL-SHawd.  TL, SH w/ All Wheel Drive.  I love driving it and I am really not worthy. :)

car
and<br>
car

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version