ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us a picture of your.. CAR!!!

<< < (26/33) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
Yeah 4 cameras seems a bit excessive  :huh:
-mouser (August 10, 2015, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Not really...I plan on way more than that when I get my new wheels - I will have Drivers View recording via a mini-cam hidden in the dash (pointing at drivers face, and remotely accessible) - front facing camera (recording) 2 cameras on the front wings (which will connect to a screen in the car, useful for "corner peeking" where you can select which camera to look through on a screen in the car, and it will show you a nice view of what otherwise may be obstructed) - I will also have 2 of those on the back wings of the car for the same reason.  On top of those I will also have a rear facing camera (not a parking camera...purely for recording purposes).  I will also have a camera pointing out to the sides (will be in the door panels somewhere), which will be on both sides and will be a wide angle lens - this will be a recording only camera - useful for proving an accident wasn't your fault (if hit from the side where your other camera won't be able to see).  All in all that is 10 cameras. 

Stoic Joker:
The rest seem to be to have a record of potential traffic incidents, including a view of the driver if the car is stolen or if the driver is attacked or something.-Deozaan (August 10, 2015, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm thinking it would be best to just go with how I tell the story ... As apposed to taking a chance biasing a jury with video of me shooting him.. ;)

wraith808:
I suppose it's more of a CYA thing.

The backup camera has an obvious use for convenience/help with backing up the car.

The rest seem to be to have a record of potential traffic incidents, including a view of the driver if the car is stolen or if the driver is attacked or something.

* Deozaan shrugs.-Deozaan (August 10, 2015, 02:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, I think you have the gist of it.

Curt:
Number of current Elio reservations: 44,556.

The number is big enough for a production to begin. However, the design tells me that it will fail. The look of the car is totally without any hint of "Driver's Spirit" (or what this may be called), but is quite frankly pathetic. You cannot win this game on the foundation that it is a pity for America to have lost a lot of jobs. That's simply not an argument for building cars!

Stoic Joker:
However, the design tells me that it will fail. The look of the car is totally without any hint of "Driver's Spirit" (or what this may be called), but is quite frankly pathetic.-Curt (August 10, 2015, 04:49 PM)
--- End quote ---

(While historically not an Elio fan) I don't know if I'd jump there... The Prius is about as butt ugly as a car can get, with the "Smart" car running a close second. Yet they both appear to be selling like mad. The Elio is set to get better mileage by far, and has a sportier look (yeah, I know not saying much but still the advantage is there), with performance numbers that set it at least a full second in the quarter mile faster than the Prius.

Projected curb weight: 1,250
Horse Power: 55
^~= 18.528 @ 77.819mph in the quarter (with fair potential to drop into the 17's).

While the Prius' runs in the 19-20+ seconds range in the quarter.

Not to mention it's way cheaper, appears to be available as a convertible, and is American made...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version