ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Community Giveaways

Giveaway Rule Suggestion.

<< < (2/2)

KynloStephen66515:
I've won several things through the old giveaways (thanks to mousers happiness calculator). I would fully support this idea as, like you said, only supporting members would be eligible and less likely to up and leave the site because they were only after a free product.
-Josh (February 23, 2013, 05:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

This suggestion is open, not to put a limit on who, or what, but to get an idea of what the community wants.  I personally don't think that these should be open to people, who have obviously signed up purely for this reason, and will leave once they win or lose.

I don't disagree, that some will stay, but those people will be 1/100, and those numbers, hardly seem worth it.

We could limit to:

* Supporting Members
* Charter Members
* 25+ Posts
* Contributing Developers
* Contributing Beta Testers
* + More
The only real suggestion I have, is a total lockdown on people, whose FIRST post, is in a giveaway thread, and/or you can see their signup date corresponds to such.

tomos:
I totally agree, and contacted llc_silly in that regard.  That was what he had meant, and had set that as a rule on his giveaway.
-wraith808 (February 23, 2013, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

wraith can I suggest you point this out in the post (or am I missing something?) - one of the posters seems pretty sure they won it :-\ - or maybe better let them sort it out between themselves...
FWIW he did say 'members', which isnt 100% clear ('participants' used be called 'members' - but I presume he meant supporting members)

KynloStephen66515:
I totally agree, and contacted llc_silly in that regard.  That was what he had meant, and had set that as a rule on his giveaway.
-wraith808 (February 23, 2013, 04:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

wraith can I suggest you point this out in the post (or am I missing something?) - one of the posters seems pretty sure they won it :-\ - or maybe better let them sort it out between themselves...
FWIW he did say 'members', which isnt 100% clear ('participants' used be called 'members' - but I presume he meant supporting members)
-tomos (February 23, 2013, 05:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

It has been mentioned in the post, and said post has subsequently been locked until further notice (Wraith is on the ball there).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version