ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor 3.28 aka 4.0RC Beta Test - Mar 17, 2013 - Feedback Wanted

<< < (40/58) > >>

bob99:
mouser,

Installed 3.25.01 and all the caption functions are working. I did select clear all the old settings on install. That could have did it. Or could have been operator error in setting (or over setting) options before.
Anyway, thanks again for the hard work and great program.

mouser:
I've gotten another report of caption misbehavior in the latest version, so it sounds like i really did break something.. now i just have to figure out how to reproduce the bug..

maybe there is some option that messes things up that is not set on default.

mouser:
Right ok, so i think i see part of the problem.  It looks like when you set some text for the caption in the Automatic Captions tab, AND you have SC configure to auto add captions to every capture, it will NOT add your custom typed text to the caption.

By default the text in the Automatic Captions tab includes "%filememo%" which will already include whatever you type in the post capture dialog, so you see it.  But if you change the text there, you will not.

I think i can fix this.

bob99:
Right ok, so i think i see part of the problem.  It looks like when you set some text for the caption in the Automatic Captions tab, AND you have SC configure to auto add captions to every capture, it will NOT add your custom typed text to the caption.

By default the text in the Automatic Captions tab includes "%filememo%" which will already include whatever you type in the post capture dialog, so you see it.  But if you change the text there, you will not.

I think i can fix this.
-mouser (March 11, 2013, 08:51 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is what I was doing wrong.
Now I have:
Options >Automatic Captions >Image Caption set to %datetime% \n%filememo%
And when I add something in the pop-up prompt it comes out like this:
Screenshot Captor 3.28 aka 4.0RC Beta Test - Mar 17, 2013 - Feedback Wanted

mouser:
I've uploaded a new version which I hope will fix any caption oddities and handle all cases sensibly.
Let me know if you find any caption stuff not being done properly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version