ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Screenshot Captor 3.28 aka 4.0RC Beta Test - Mar 17, 2013 - Feedback Wanted

<< < (49/58) > >>

mouser:
It would be helpful to me at least if you went into a bit more detail using post capture command line feature. Other possibilities other than just the ftp mentioned.
--- End quote ---

If you want to get some experience with commandline manipulation of screenshot image files, check out the Tools menu and folder of SC.  It shows how a variety of tools can be launched on image files.

bob99:
It would be helpful to me at least if you went into a bit more detail using post capture command line feature. Other possibilities other than just the ftp mentioned.
--- End quote ---

If you want to get some experience with commandline manipulation of screenshot image files, check out the Tools menu and folder of SC.  It shows how a variety of tools can be launched on image files.
-mouser (March 18, 2013, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

Will do.

One last...
I don't know if this one is even able to be done. Since the best I recall every other program with CHM help is the same way.
Is it possible to add one main heading with all of the current 6 SC headings under it as sub-topics? So the entire help can be sent to a printer/PDF at once instead of by each topic section.

Screenshot Captor 3.28 aka 4.0RC Beta Test - Mar 17, 2013 - Feedback Wanted

bubbajunk:
I downloaded v3.29.01. I’m getting excited for the big v4.0 unveil. Since you are focusing on objects and object selection, the following seem inconsistent with other windows programs that may help with the user experience if you would consider changing.

1) The new "Modified" count in the lower right corner is only readable when the window is maximized.  Otherwise the text is truncated and only the word "modified" can be seen and the actual count is cutoff.
2) Selecting multiple specific objects in Object selection mode is accomplished by holding the Shift key and selecting each object. I'm used to using the Ctrl key in most other Windows programs.
3) In Object selection mode, using Ctrl+A does not select all of the objects, but rather draws a selection box around the entire screenshot. In order to clear all objects from the screenshot it would be helpful if Ctrl+A selected all added objects so that you could hit delete to delete them.
4) When selecting a highlighting rectangle object in order to move the object to a new location, the mouse needs to be placed directly over the line in order for the cursor to change to the move mode. This can be difficult when the line width is narrow. It would be better to change to move mode as soon as the cursor is over the object. It looks like it works this way when there is an Inner Color is specified, but doesn't when Inner Color is unchecked (which is the way I have mine set to default).
5) Thanks for adding the Border Width to the Text Box object. I use it often. It would be more consistent to have the Border Width property placed just below the Border Color as you have in other objects.
6) Would it be possible to add other standard highlighting object shapes besides just the circle and rectangle, e.g. polygon, star, diamond, etc.?
7) I've mentioned before the inconsistent rendering of the object selection box when drawing a rectangle to select multiple objects.

mouser:
1) The new "Modified" count in the lower right corner is only readable when the window is maximized.  Otherwise the text is truncated and only the word "modified" can be seen and the actual count is cutoff.
--- End quote ---

nice find -- didn't notice that.

3) In Object selection mode, using Ctrl+A does not select all of the objects, but rather draws a selection box around the entire screenshot. In order to clear all objects from the screenshot it would be helpful if Ctrl+A selected all added objects so that you could hit delete to delete them.
--- End quote ---

another nice find, will fix.

as for the others, let me think about.

mouser:
So the entire help can be sent to a printer/PDF at once instead of by each topic section.
--- End quote ---

No need for that, there is a pdf version of the help file here: https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/screenshotcaptor/help/ScreenshotCaptor.pdf
It should be said that the help file could use some updating.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version