ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Mouser's Zone

Problem with Grab Selected Region

(1/2) > >>

andrew.r:
I upgraded to the latest version and have a problem with capturing selected region.

In the older version I was able to position the area and enter now I have some red box and when I hit enter the SC in the system tray remains red.

What am I doing wrong? Would like to use the old version method if possible. This is a great tool, thanks for your help.

mouser:
Hi andrew, welcome to the site.

It sounds like you have enabled the old redbox capture mode for capturing regions.

May I suggest you download the latest beta that I just posted here,
and then go to preferences and find the "Advanced Tweaking -> Selection Capture Options" tab, and at the bottom where it says "When to use Red Box" choose "Objects not Regions".

ps.
I will be moving this post to the Screenshot Captor section of the forum.

andrew.r:
Sorry, but the selected region capture worked the first time after the suggested change but not subsequently.

I see a cross hair that I am able to move around that does not appear to define the area I want to capture and a red box that I don't know what it is for.

I have no idea how to define the area I wish to save and when I just hit enter the SC in the tool bar stays red.

Any help is appreciated, I don't know whether there is something I am doing wrong or something has changed but never had this problem before for years. ScreenShotCaptor is a fantastic tool and I wish it would work for me for selected region capture as it has all along in the past.

cmpm:
See if your settings match this screenshot.
Sometimes the settings change after installing a new version.
"Selection Capture Options"

andrew.r:
I tried to downgrade to 3.04.01 and when I have the settings as above then I get a cross hair that I can move around and a box with a red cross hair moves around. I don't see how I can selected a region and when I hit enter the SC toolbar stays red.

However, with "Objects and Regions" and "Region Mode" selected using ver. 3.04.01 likely same for the latest I have a red square that can be intuitively expanded as necessary and can easily capture a selected area.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version