ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Hulu streaming entire Criterion Movie collection for free on Feb 16th and 17th

<< < (2/2)

bit:
Okay, Media Hint add-on to Firefox allows it to play through TOR Vidalia.
I was interested in something else on hulu, and got it to work with Media Hint.

There are various hulu downloaders, and my main concern is not to pick up a PUP from the wrong one.

bit:
^CORRECTION: With Media Hint enabled in Firefox, it disables all proxy settings and reverts Firefox to what amounts to 'direct unencrypted mode', or something like that (not sure exactly).
I discovered this because my home page for all my browsers is www.tracemyip.org which tells me immediately if the browser is running through a VPN or got accidentally switched back to 'no proxy' mode, as was the case with Media Hint, and told me exactly where my actual location is.
I reset the proxy to TOR Vidalia, closed Firefox, reopened it, and it was still set to 'no proxy' mode, and www.tracemyip.org unerringly told me my actual exact location again.
Only when I disabled Media Hint and reset my proxy to TOR Vidalia, did Firefox again work through TOR Vidalia properly, and give me a random 'location' again as TOR VIdalia is supposed to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version