ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

CyberGhost VPN.

<< < (2/3) > >>

f0dder:
but still, adding in a VPN there is still a good idea. TOR also helps. But a VM is a must.-Renegade (February 16, 2013, 06:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Adding a VPN is an OK idea, but in and by itself it brings you pretty much nada security.

Yep, if you're doing things that might get you in trouble, you need to be on a VM, on an open public (or hacked) WiFi, through TOR, and some distance from your home. If you add a VPN to the mix, be sure you go TOR->VPN and not VPN->TOR, and be sure you pay for the the VPN with bitcoin - otherwise it's jailtime.

OPSEC for hackers :)

Renegade:
-f0dder (February 16, 2013, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah! We have a real pro in the crowd~! :D

f0dder:
-f0dder (February 16, 2013, 06:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ah! We have a real pro in the crowd~! :D
-Renegade (February 16, 2013, 10:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Not I. But grugq definitely is :)

edbro:
I wonder what people use these VPN services for? About the only useful thing I can think of is subverting sites that try to geo-restrict you based on IP.

For anybody thinking they get any kind of "security" from it...  ::)
-f0dder (February 15, 2013, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Don't they provide anonymity for torrent downloading?

f0dder:
I wonder what people use these VPN services for? About the only useful thing I can think of is subverting sites that try to geo-restrict you based on IP.

For anybody thinking they get any kind of "security" from it...  ::)
-f0dder (February 15, 2013, 09:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
Don't they provide anonymity for torrent downloading?
-edbro (February 16, 2013, 11:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wouldn't count on it. Sure, it makes it a bit harder to get hold of your IP address, but anybody remember HideMyAss? "Secure and anonymous" my ass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version