ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Select ENTER with mouse click

(1/1)

1NR1:
Hello,
Possibly someone here can direct me.

First off I use a trackball. Others may also do so for accessibility/adaptive reasons. 

Is there a way to click "something" on-screen that would substitute for pressing the enter key? A preference would be not an onscreen keyboard, unless it could be modified for possibly a small single line or best, one key (obviously the ENTER key).

Thanks for your attention.

NR
Washington DC

Tinman57:
  You can remap a key combination or hotkey, depending on your keyboard software.  Otherwise you can install a keymapper, which there are a number of free ones available...

AndyM:
The problem with clicking someplace outside the window you are working on is that you will change focus, so any <Enter> or <Return> at that point wouldn't happen in the correct window, at least not with only a few lines of script.

I use mouse rocker combinations (hold down one button and click/doubleclick/triple click the other, hold down one button and click the scroll wheel, hold down one button and roll the scroll wheel) for a variety of things: cut, copy, paste, delete, return, escape, close tab.

Each assignment is a few lines of Autohotkey script.  I use LeftButton/ScrollDown for <ENTER>, maybe that sort of thing would work for you adjusted to the trackball.  A snippet of code I lifted/copied/adapted from someone/someplace else:

--- ---~LButton & WheelDown::
    Send,{LButton Up}
    GetKeyState, State, WheelDown
    If State = U
        {
            Send,{Enter}
            ToolTip, Enter
            SetTimer, RemoveToolTip, 2000
        }

1NR1:
Thank you both very much.  As usual DonationCoder.com comes through with flying colors.
NR

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version