ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

proofreading on pc

<< < (4/4)

Edvard:
That is why originally recommended to use a tablet (computer) device. More specifically, a Windows 8 tablet.
-Ath (February 14, 2013, 01:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

Most tablets generally suck at precision, which is required when doing proofreading markups.  Don't know of any modern tablet computers that take pen input AND run Microsoft office.  Do the Surface tablets have pen input?

Cheap is not a realistic requirement, in the context you've drawn.
--- End quote ---

Sadly, I agree.  Most cheap digitizers sacrifice quite a lot on the lower-price side of things.  The best option IMHO, is  Wacom's Cintiq line, which is basically a pen-input second monitor with lots of very cool functionality. Unfortunately, it's like swatting a fly with a sledgehammer; more tool than is needed for the requested task.

kalos:
I think there is a parameter that most nowadays digital pen input device manufacturers havent realized that is important:

digital pen on screen moves very smoothly, while regular pen on regular paper movement involves has some kind of friction

if they try to mimick that friction in digital pen on screen, precision might increase

while i havent thought of it more deeply, i think it would improve human-machine interaction experience

Edvard:
I just tape a piece of paper on my tablet the same size as the working area.  Works great!

40hz:
I just tape a piece of paper on my tablet the same size as the working area.  Works great!
-Edvard (February 14, 2013, 06:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Smart. A lot easier to remove than whiteout. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version