ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are your favorite movies?

<< < (15/34) > >>

40hz:
Strange Days is one that you really like, or you don't
-wraith808 (March 10, 2013, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Liked it. :-*  The story was good. But Juliette Lewis's performance as his drug fueled rock star ex-girlfriend was amazing. Forget the legs - which are very nice btw. This lady can sing! Thought I was watching a cross between Tina Turner and Gracie Slick watching that scene. Oh yeah!
 ;D

wraith808:
Strange Days is one that you really like, or you don't
-wraith808 (March 10, 2013, 10:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Liked it. :-*  The story was good. But Juliette Lewis's performance as his drug fueled rock star ex-girlfriend was amazing. Forget the legs - which are very nice btw. This lady can sing! Thought I was watching a cross between Tina Turner and Gracie Slick watching that scene. Oh yeah!
 ;D
-40hz (March 11, 2013, 07:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oh, totally agree with you.  There wasn't a performance that surprised me as much until I saw Tom Cruise in Rock of Ages.

kilele:
I like to watch these ones once in a while for some reason
The Name of the Rose
Jeremiah Johnson
Hang'em High
The Beguiled
Also I've always wanted to watch old noir movies, there must be great stories there.
There is a good french film about a prison escape that I want to see again, Le Trou.

Renegade:
Hang'em High
-kilele (March 11, 2013, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

MAJOR ASS-KICKING FLICK!  :Thmbsup:

I used to have the sound track to that. Great music and amazing film!

High Plains Drifter
A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY <<<< Damned if that's not one of the best flicks ever!
The Outlaw Jose Wales

The Clint spaghetti westerns are just fantastic! Huge fan of them here! :D  :Thmbsup:

As for "Sniper", I really liked that when I first saw it, but I'm not sure that I'd like it if I saw it again. I think I've changed a lot, and that would colour my view of it.

"Gattaca" - Great flick!  :Thmbsup: Same for "Inkheart".

Too many other good movies mentioned above... I need to get back to drinking then sleeping. :P

wraith808:
Oh yeah... I love the westerns.  That's why I included the few I did in my list- they're on the short list of the modern western bringing things back!  If I actually went back that far and started naming westerns, I'd be naming them for a while!

As for "Sniper", I really liked that when I first saw it, but I'm not sure that I'd like it if I saw it again. I think I've changed a lot, and that would colour my view of it.
-Renegade (March 11, 2013, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

I wouldn't doubt it.  It's from a time when regime change and control of foreign countries was something that if not to be proud about, wasn't something to totally deny in Hollywood.  The targets are bad people... but who judges that outside of the rule of law?

I think a lot of old movies suffer from that syndrome.  But I love Berenger and Billy Zane.

But along those lines (and on the other side) I'd recommend Best Seller.  I think you'd love that Ren.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version