ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are your favorite movies?

<< < (16/34) > >>

kilele:
Hang'em High
-kilele (March 11, 2013, 08:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

MAJOR ASS-KICKING FLICK!  :Thmbsup:

I used to have the sound track to that. Great music and amazing film!

High Plains Drifter
A Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY <<<< Damned if that's not one of the best flicks ever!
The Outlaw Jose Wales

The Clint spaghetti westerns are just fantastic! Huge fan of them here! :D  :Thmbsup:
-Renegade (March 11, 2013, 09:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

oops I meant High Plains Drifter, the one with a town next to a lake.
I also like to revisit the sense of humor of David Lynch, as in the film Wild at Heart or the tv series Twin Peaks.

IainB:
Though I have seen him in archives of old TV Western/cowboy series (I forget which ones), after watching the superb "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" I reckoned that you could be guaranteed that pretty much any Western or other flick with Clint Eastwood in it was going to be worth watching. When he started acting in them and producing them, things took a step up.
Most memorable for me are: "A Fistful of Dollars", "For a Few Dollars More", "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", "High Plains Drifter", "Play Misty for Me", "Dirty Harry", "Magnum Force", "The Enforcer", "The Outlaw Josey Wales", "Every Which Way But Loose", "Bird", "Unforgiven" "The Bridges of Madison County", and "Gran Torino".

AndyM:
pretty much any Western or other flick with Clint Eastwood in it was going to be worth watching.
-IainB (March 11, 2013, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
agreed, seems like the guy can't make a bad movie

40hz:
I think my favorite "western" is the sci-fi classic Outland with Sean Connery as Federal District Marshall W.T. O'Niel. This is a traditional story of corruption set in a frontier mining town - except this time it's on Io. This flick has it all: the lone honest lawman, the corrupt big company mine boss, the burned out doctor, dishonest deputies, the local saloon, dance-hall ladies, hired gunmen ...

Films like this show just how enduring those old cowboy themes can be. :Thmbsup:

wraith808:
That is a good one.  :Thmbsup:  I'd add Serenity to that list also, and Westworld.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version