ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What are your favorite movies?

<< < (10/34) > >>

Renegade:
^Watched a relative's son and daughter sit through it a while back. They're 7 and 5 respectively. Not a tear in sight. Truth is, I think they were rather bored by it.-40hz (February 14, 2013, 07:11 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure whether that's a good thing or if I should cry again for Old Yeller...

Curt:
Have you seen Shaun of the Dead-tomos (February 14, 2013, 06:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1 - That was GREAT! I loved it!  :Thmbsup: -Renegade (February 14, 2013, 06:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Was it a sequel? I liked Shaun better when he still was alive: movies.netflix.com/ShauntheSheep

-------
Chance was the Danish title of Being There. Perfect Book, and great Movie, but as tomos said, it has been quite a while, so a re-view is needed :-)

thumbs:
What are your favorite movies?What are your favorite movies?

-----------
Shane - The Silent Rider was a fav' book of my youth, and I still like the movie version big time as well:

thumb:

-----------
GARP is an all time favourite as well, both as book and as moving pictures. The beginning of the film version The World According to Garp was extra wonderful:

thumb:

-----------
Several Danish, Swedish, and other not-English films as well. But what's the point in telling you about Ein Mann Geht Durch Die Wand, or Carl Th. Dreyer's Ordet, or ... or? As tomos said, that was then, how is it today? I haven't seen those two films in fourty years, and maybe it is for the best to not re-view them. The German one wasn't "great", but we analysed it in class, making it mean something to us. A film really doesn't have to be "great", (as proven by some of your lists!), it is more important if it appeals to something in you, I think.

thumb:

Renegade:
Was it a sequel? I liked Shaun better when he still was alive: movies.netflix.com/ShauntheSheep -Curt (February 14, 2013, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~! ;D  :Thmbsup:

I also love Shaun the Sheep~! My wife and I sit down every so often and watch a few episodes. :D (We have the DVD set.)

Renegade:
Tinman reminded me of a great movie that really nailed a few things. Sort of an action/tragedy. A man is pushed past his breaking point, at which point he just snaps.

Falling Down

tomos:
A film really doesn't have to be "great", (as proven by some of your lists!), it is more important if it appeals to something in you, I think.
-Curt (February 14, 2013, 05:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

good point Curt - in the last years I have thoroughly enjoyed some films that are really not so great. I mean the story or acting or something resonates with whatever is going on with me at that particular moment. OTOH a film can be super made or maybe technically brilliant, but not connect with the viewer - or simply not have much of a heart (last Almodovar film comes to mind - but maybe it 'connects' with someone else...)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version