ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

proofreading on pc

<< < (3/4) > >>

kalos:
sorry but I dont want it to transform my handwritten corrections to typed text!

I want to make annotations like this:

but not by writing on the screen, but in a smaller device, like a touchpad-like input device

Edvard:
Like I said, just get a what-you-can-afford Wacom tablet, and see if Office lets you do graphic markups.  Here's a sample from Open/LibreOffice, done with my Wacom Graphire 3:

proofreading on pc

kalos:
Like I said, just get a what-you-can-afford Wacom tablet, and see if Office lets you do graphic markups.  Here's a sample from Open/LibreOffice, done with my Wacom Graphire 3:
 (see attachment in previous post)
-Edvard (February 13, 2013, 08:19 PM)
--- End quote ---

exactly, but:
1) wacom is an expensive option :/
2) in the screenshot you uploaded the lines dont appear well, is it just because you were in hurry? or I shouldnt expect the technology to perform very well?

Edvard:
1- You can pick up inexpensive digitizing tablets on eBay or Amazon.  Look for older models or the Bamboo line, not the Intuos or Cintiq ones.  Mine cost 20 USD IIRC, picked up on eBay.  Just make SURE if it's a used unit that it comes with the pen.  The pens are rather expensive to find replacements for.  Take your risks with 'off-brand' tablets from Monoprice or DigiPro; Wacom has been in this business for a long time and reading a few reviews will reveal the subtle flaws in other brand graphic tablets. (EDIT: this glowing review of the Monoprice 6.25" x 10" tablet may beg to differ: http://frenden.tumblr.com/post/31659364200/the-little-monoprice-graphics-tablet-that-could)

2- Admittedly, the lines aren't very good.  LibreOffice treats each line as a separate graphic element, and it likes to do some "smoothing" of squiggly lines and square corners.  No such thing as simply drawing on your document.  Microsoft Office might have better tools for graphic annotations, I don't know.  I only worked up the screenshot to show it can actually do the job you are looking for, and if you zoom into the page about 150% or so, you can get a little more exact. 

Ath:
but not by writing on the screen, but in a smaller device, like a touchpad-like input device
-kalos (February 13, 2013, 07:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
That is why originally recommended to use a tablet (computer) device. More specifically, a Windows 8 tablet.

but:
1) wacom is an expensive option :/
-kalos (February 13, 2013, 09:31 PM)
--- End quote ---
Cheap is not a realistic requirement, in the context you've drawn.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version