ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

proofreading on pc

<< < (2/4) > >>

Edvard:
... corrections in doc files...
--- End quote ---
Doesn't MS Word have graphics and a freehand line tool?  LibreOffice does, and you can use any standard digitizing tablet (Wacom, etc.) to do the proofread annotations with.  It's a little slipperier than plain ol' pen and paper, and a bit imprecise, but it can be done.  Set the line to red, and take the view up to 150% or thereabouts, so you can get a little more precise.
I'm also assuming you're talking about actual proofreading marks:
http://designerstoolbox.com/designresources/proofing/
and not just a proofreading add-in:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/proofreader_marks_addin.html

Renegade:
I'm not sure why you'd want to do that.

The accepted practices are to use Track Changes and Comments in MS Word.

kalos:
arent there any tablets (not whole tablets like ipad, etc, but those that are kinda like touchpad) that can do it?

Renegade:
arent there any tablets (not whole tablets like ipad, etc, but those that are kinda like touchpad) that can do it?
-kalos (February 13, 2013, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure what you're talking about there. If it's not a tablet, but a touchpad, what is it?

You can edit on an Android tablet. There are office suites for Android. Similar for iOS. It's best to have an external keyboard or keyboard dock though. You cannot reasonably edit with the onscreen keyboard.

40hz:
@kalos - If you had handwriting input that magically became text (like Graffite on a PalmPilot used to) and it was wedded to a text processor (like it was on the Palm) you'd be home free.

But they don't sell Palm devices any more. And AFAIK - nobody else has offered Graffiti since the demise of the Palm.

So again, I think you're stuck. What you are looking for does not currently exist. Sorry. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version