ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Bill Gates has donated over $36,854,000,000 in his lifetime

<< < (5/7) > >>

40hz:
Not necessarily rewarded per-se... but it just struck me as odd when someone does something and it's like "it's not enough".  I remember when Oprah opened a school in Africa (not saying anything about what happened after), but people criticized her saying she should have given it to the education board in Chicago.
-wraith808 (February 09, 2013, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 :Thmbsup:

One unfortunate side effect of our holier-than-thou culture is the growing number of people who would rather see nothing good get done if the act and motivation didn't meet their own personal standards for selflessness and moral purity. And should a charitable act ever be done in a manner that doesn't meet with their approval, they're often quick to criticize.

But tthe ruth is, very little of what passes for altruistic behavior is ever totally lacking in at least a hint of self-interest - or some hidden motive.

To which I say: So what?

I'll take somebody up on doing something good whenever they offer. And I'm sure the beneficiaries of that sort of largess won't be complaining much either.
 ;)

Renegade:
How much does he pay for media coverage? (Hint - it's not nothing. ;))
-Renegade (February 09, 2013, 11:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

But does he seek it out?  And to what end?  Is he still doing something commercial?
-wraith808 (February 09, 2013, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's a bit on how the BMG Foundation "donates" to media agencies:

http://seattletimes.com/flatpages/local/gatesfundedprojects.html

Just to give a single example from there - The Brookings Institution. That is the same one that wrote "Which Path to Persia?" in which they outlined how to overthrow/invade Iran:

http://landdestroyer.blogspot.com.au/2011/02/brookings-which-path-to-persia.html

This is the kind of organization that the BMG Foundation is helping to fund?

Now, would anyone like a smoking gun? The BMG Foundation supports USAID (Renegade begins loading gun...):
This might not be the world view that you're looking for - consider moving along :D http://www.gatesfoundation.org/livingproofproject/Pages/usaid.aspx

The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is an independent U.S. federal government agency that partners with groups worldwide to build infrastructure, promote global health, and offer humanitarian assistance
--- End quote ---

That all sounds good until you know that it's little more than Orwellian newspeak. But what does it really mean? (Renegade cocks the hammer...)

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=usaid+forced+sterilization

(I lied... I'm firing fully automatic here...)

USAID SUPPORTING FORCED STERILIZATION IN PERU? | LifeSiteNews.com
...(PRI) which has found evidence that the Peruvian government is using money from the US Agency for International Development (USAID) for forced sterilization of women.

Justice delayed for Peru victims of forced sterilization | Fox News
22, 2011- Aurelia Paccohuanca talks during an interview in Lima, Peru. Paccohuanca, who heads the Association of Women Affected by Forced Sterilization in Cuzco...

USAID Supported Fujimori Sterilization Campaign; Seeks to Cover-Up...
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) joined forces with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) to support Peru's Sterilizations took place in filthy, USAID-funded clinics.

Compulsory sterilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This statement comes in reference to some charges of forced sterilization and abortions in Linyi city of ^ "USAID Testimony: House International Relations Committee, Subcommittee on International...

U.S.-U.K. Foreign Aid Tied to India's Forced Sterilization Campaign | Daily...
"British aid has not been used for forced sterilization now or in the past," a DFID A spokesman for USAID, Alex Glass, said it is "committed to improving the health of vulnerable people in India.

Rwanda Forced Sterilization Bill Sparks Controversy
Lisa Graas ยป USAID Poised to Launch Nationwide Sterilization Campaign in Rwanda. Cry for Freedom in Rwanda: Stand up Against Forced Sterilization in Rwanda.

--- End quote ---

Then there's Uzbekistan and Thailand as well...

This is "health care" and "humanitarian aid".

Is it any wonder that the BMG Foundation needs significant support from the media to create a positive image?

When you start to look behind the scenes, you see that these kinds of organizations are all highly interconnected and networked.

I should give fair warning though... Digging up information on this topic is a bit harder than other topics. It's not well reported on. The doctors that have tried to blow the whistle have been marginalized and ignored.

Lashiec:
I'm a bit more skeptical there.
-Renegade (February 08, 2013, 10:15 PM)
--- End quote ---

I read that as "better life conditions usually mean lower birth rates".

Renegade:
I read that as "better life conditions usually mean lower birth rates".
-Lashiec (February 14, 2013, 08:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

I've also read that. But I'm not sure that I buy it. There are a lot of other factors in play that are completely ignored and no control groups to account for any of those other factors. e.g. When you have an economy that forces the majority of households to have 2 incomes instead of 1, could that just possibly maybe perhaps be a mitigating factor in the birth rate?

I'm still very skeptical.

app103:
When you have an economy that forces the majority of households to have 2 incomes instead of 1, could that just possibly maybe perhaps be a mitigating factor in the birth rate?
-Renegade (February 14, 2013, 08:36 PM)
--- End quote ---

As opposed to an economy that requires more than 2 incomes per household, and therefore requires having multiple children, so you can send them to work in the sweatshops?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version