ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

ScreenShot Capture question

<< < (2/3) > >>

Curt:
Got any suggestions for a start up manager? -BeehindBlueyes (February 09, 2013, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

-not now. Your requirements may differ from mine. If you search our forum thoroughly you can find several threads about startup managers and their pro & cons. But it has been a while, so data may be outdated by now.

I am thinking that if I can delay some of the programs, like the screen capture, from starting up as soon as the computer starts, then maybe it will start up a bit faster. Will a start up manager do that? -BeehindBlueyes (February 09, 2013, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

-no, it won't:

But to understand what a startup manager really is, you must first forget about the "Reduce Boot Times"-nonsense. A startup manager is about having control and stability, even if the price actually is longer boot times!-Curt (October 21, 2011, 06:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good luck!

tomos:
I am thinking that if I can delay some of the programs, like the screen capture, from starting up as soon as the computer starts, then maybe it will start up a bit faster. Will a start up manager do that? -BeehindBlueyes (February 09, 2013, 11:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

-no, it won't:-Curt (February 10, 2013, 02:23 AM)
--- End quote ---

I thought there were a couple of (paid) start-up managers that delay startup software. Chameleon?
I've used the paid version of winpatrol to delay a couple of apps* - but havent really checked how good it is.

* I've a few apps there that I know I wont be using in the first five minutes at least.

Curt:
-oh, sorry! Only now do I see how ambiguous my previous answer is. Yes, startup managers will certainly offer to delay this or that program. My "no" was about saving time. Startup managers really don't save you time, unless you tell it to delay several programs quite a lot, like tomos hinted.

Chameleon Startup Manager Pro is the one I use. Even today I upgraded to version 4 Beta.

katykaty:
The free version of Winpatrol lets you delay startup applications.

tomos:
The free version of Winpatrol lets you delay startup applications.
-katykaty (February 10, 2013, 03:18 PM)
--- End quote ---
well, that sounds like a good deal all round :)

Winpatrol will also warn you of changes made to start menu etc - in case these could be unwanted. Free version has probably everything you need. I find it good :up:

http://www.winpatrol.com/
http://www.winpatrol.com/compare.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version