ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Legitimate app breaks popular encryption - EFS, BitLocker, TrueCrypt ...

<< < (3/7) > >>

Tinman57:
Yeah, nothing to see here, really.

This has been doable for quite a while, and even outside Sekrit Forensikz, there's freely available tools to do it. The Elcomsoft program just makes it a bit more convenient (even the Firewire-DMA attack that can be used on a computer that has been locked isn't new). -f0dder (February 07, 2013, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I remember something similar to this back in the Amiga days.

bit:

4wd:
You could always throw a few Alt Codes into the password.

↑↓→←↔  :)

bit:

4wd:
That's way cool. I immediately searched the web for "Alt Codes for Japanese characters", which led me to http://forum.wl.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=58061, which led me to this. But although others are saying there "It works", it's not working for me so far. Am I missing some sort of character set download?-bit (June 07, 2013, 12:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think it's more like the person who wrote has missed explaining some intermediate step.  None of that works for me, as soon as I release the Alt key the character corresponding Alt+0253, (ý), or Alt+0254, (þ) is drawn.

It seems like there needs to be a "sticky" setting so that when you've typed the Alt Code it waits for the next keypress before displaying the character.

Found this here but it doesn't work either:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version